PDA

View Full Version : NAGRA IV-S

Audio Al
01-04-2017, 21:31
This looks lovely , I have not indulged in the Nagra brand

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAGRA-IV-S-EVER-BEST-REEL-TO-REEL-RECORDER-BARELY-USED-/222459029415?hash=item33cb9767a7:g:S64AAOSwzgBY325 X

:reel:--:reel:

Barry
02-04-2017, 13:50
Looks in lovely condition - it's one of the later versions of the IV-S. Shame the spool-locking 'nuts' are missing.

Even though it's complete with mains power supply and a lovely Nagra mixer, £4K seems rather a lot. I paid £500 for mine, but that was ten years ago.

No doubt Lodgesound can comment on the price asked.

Spectral Morn
02-04-2017, 14:18
Looks in lovely condition - it's one of the later versions of the IV-S. Shame the spool-locking 'nuts' are missing.

Even though it's complete with mains power supply and a lovely Nagra mixer, £4K seems rather a lot. I paid £500 for mine, but that was ten years ago.

No doubt Lodgesound can comment on the price asked.

Seems to be at least 1700 overpriced.

Lodgesound
03-04-2017, 10:51
Nice machines but yes spectacularly overpriced given it only takes 7 inch spools and is only a field aquisition recorder.

It is important to remember that these were only ever field recorders and as such they are not suited to studio use except for transfer work really.

Nagra only made one studio recorder - the model T audio - and one of these with a bridge and stand now due to the fact it has commercial value would expect in average condition to fetch around 12 - 15 thousand pounds.