PDA

View Full Version : Telefunken S600 turntable with AS212 tonearm

Len Co
30-03-2017, 09:50
Excellent belt drive unit in great condition. Black, enhanced version of S500.
AS212 tonearm highly sought after - has same geometry as Lenco GL75 / GL78.
Headshell wired externally, one less connection as I tend not to swap cartridges frequently, but wires could be soldered internally to the headshell connector as per normal if required. (The connector is easily freed from the end of the tonearm by undoing two small screws).
Optical Auto-stop and arm lift function working. Lid in very good condition.
German build and reliability
No cartridge included.
£225 collection only from Shepperton, Surrey

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg555/Barters/image_zpsrho5kjcd.jpeg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/Barters/media/image_zpsrho5kjcd.jpeg.html)

Geoff101
30-03-2017, 12:33
If you would consider selling the tonearm seperately and posting it to me, I'd take that if we could agree a price.

Len Co
30-03-2017, 13:53
Sorry Geoff, but I wouldn't split them (other than in the unlikely event you are prepared to pay the full asking price).

Geoff101
30-03-2017, 18:24
Ok - let me know should you change your mind.

Len Co
31-03-2017, 21:35
Weekend bump - just in case anyone got a pay rise :)

Jimbo
01-04-2017, 09:59
That's worth buying for just the tonearm and you get a record deck thrown in. Seriously I see these tonearms going for more than the price of this whole turntable on offer.

Good luck with the sale.

Len Co
01-04-2017, 15:11
Cheers James, I too have seen such prices for the tonearm but I will stick with my quoted price - until it goes on a certain auction site ... What a hero!

Ash_R
02-04-2017, 08:59
Mark, I've sent you a PM :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Len Co
02-04-2017, 16:48
Provisionally sold pending collection arrangements.

ramsden
03-04-2017, 18:38
This is lovely turntable for the price, I am using one. Best luck with sale.

Odoslané z A0001 pomocou Tapatalku

Len Co
03-04-2017, 19:36
Thanks Ras - perfect for the lazy audiophile - though I only qualify for the 'lazy' bit ;-)

montesquieu
03-04-2017, 22:23
If you would consider selling the tonearm seperately and posting it to me, I'd take that if we could agree a price.

It's actually a pain in the bum to take off as you have to practically dismantle the whole thing piece by piece to get at it. Not an easy exercise at all. I know I did one once, took me an age and you are left with a large pile of now-useless junk to dispose of, which is a bit sad as the turntable itself when running is a nice thing! I felt guilty afterwards.

Arguably, people charging more for the arm than for a completed unit are acting rationally especially if they've put a connector on it (once you take it off, it's bare wires).

anubisgrau
04-04-2017, 09:01
quite surprised with the talks about a value of the arm, i keep on seeing them for 100e or so though i can't really say what condition. if the bearings are fine (or you can source the replacement) it is worth extending it to 12", i think that is what bokrand does just as a few other tweakers whose products i've seen and heard.

montesquieu
04-04-2017, 10:14
quite surprised with the talks about a value of the arm, i keep on seeing them for 100e or so though i can't really say what condition. if the bearings are fine (or you can source the replacement) it is worth extending it to 12", i think that is what bokrand does just as a few other tweakers whose products i've seen and heard.

Haven't seen one that price for a long time, Gordan, but then again in the UK, we didn't have the same level of supply of these Telefunkens as they did in on the continent. Agreed that's what Bokrand does and a decent job he does too.

I must admit I'm impressed with mine, for what I paid in the end (something over £300 including addition of a Jelco armlift, a bearing fettle, complete rewire and addition of a sleeve for the counterweight done by Audio Origami, enabling balancing of cartridges up to SPU sort of weight) I feel I got a nice arm, better than an SME 3009 which I guess is the benchmark for a removable headshell arm around that sort of money, and streets ahead of the usual Acos/Linn LVV/Rega options.

anubisgrau
09-04-2017, 08:25

i think i've jinxed this deck - i used to see it in a 100-150e max ballpark earlier and today it's advertised for 280e !!!

http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Ortofon-As212-Telefunken-S-600-44906822-oglas.htm?filter_id=132