PDA

View Full Version : Naim audio cable question

carsworldmap
30-04-2008, 18:14
Hi all
I am new to all this so please be patient. I have a cable drum of about 60 mtrs of new black Naim speaker cable 2 core Flat. It has Naim audio then an arrow on the side of it.
My question is, how can u tell what rating it is. It looks like its NACA5.

I would like to sell it but I dont want to sell something that I describe as NACA5 and it is not.

I can send anyone a picture of the cable if they want to have a look.

I am a seller on a well known auction site and have never sold anything like this.
I have seen this cable selling for quite good prices so would be willing to part with it as a whole or in parts to order. Ifit is NACA5 then I know that this sell for about £11 / m but I would sell for alot less.

If thsi is in the wrong group then i am sorry for the inconvenience.
Dave

Marco
30-04-2008, 19:34
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum :)

It certainly sounds like NACA5, so I wouldn't worry. Can you post a few pics? If you don't know how to do this forward your pictures to Rob (Filterlab) who will sort it out for you.

Marco.

Mike Reed
30-04-2008, 19:38
NAC A5 is 13mm across. Anything smaller would be NAC A4, which is a bit passe now. Good cable, but not much of a call fot it, I would imagine.

The newish NAC A5 has the 'Naim Audio + arrow ' on the side, whereas the older stuff (early/mid '90s) had this inscription in the centre on the flat bit.

Hope this helps.

carsworldmap
30-04-2008, 21:53
It does measure 13 mm across so looks like the NAC A5, I would send pictures but dont Know how to send them on this forum even with the guys name,
Sorry just a dunderhead

Thanks for your help. Looks like it going on to auction site.
Dave

Marco
30-04-2008, 21:57
Hi Dave,

You're not a "dunderhead", so thanks for posting your query. I'm pretty sure what you've got is NACA5, as Mike has correctly identified, so there's probably no need for photos. If there's anything else we can help you with in future don't hesitate to ask :)

Marco.