PDA

View Full Version : Lemonjelly

Haselsh1
08-01-2010, 15:21
Lemonjelly.ky

OK so this CD has been sat on my rack for years and I've just rediscovered it but it is quite simply stunning. It is electronic chillout music making extensive use of sampling. This music reminds me of hot summer days driving along the coast of Lincolnshire with the roof down enjoying a fabulous Saturday without a care in the World. The production is excellent with a nice controlled sound and a good stereo depth however this album is on CD and so is never going to be as good at depth as vinyl.

I think that this album is going to be a classic in years to come along with the likes of Royksopp and very early Chemical Brothers but this album is just so enjoyable on any occasion. Give it a go, it's around seven fifty from Amazon.

REM
08-01-2010, 16:21
Great album, IIRC when they did a show it was free for adults as long as they were accompanied by a child under 12....

Barry
08-01-2010, 16:22
Lemonjelly.ky

OK so this CD has been sat on my rack for years and I've just rediscovered it but it is quite simply stunning. It is electronic chillout music making extensive use of sampling. This music reminds me of hot summer days driving along the coast of Lincolnshire with the roof down enjoying a fabulous Saturday without a care in the World. The production is excellent with a nice controlled sound and a good stereo depth however this album is on CD and so is never going to be as good at depth as vinyl.

I think that this album is going to be a classic in years to come along with the likes of Royksopp and very early Chemical Brothers but this album is just so enjoyable on any occasion. Give it a go, it's around seven fifty from Amazon.

Can also recommend ''64 - '95' and 'Lost Horizons'.

Regards

DanJennings
08-01-2010, 17:18
and if you can, download the radio 1 breezeblock sessions they did years ago.... lighthearted and awesome.
The only downside with LJ is that they were absolutely raped pointlessly for adverts, documentaries, and programmes like Changing Rooms and even Top Gear..... shame.

I do however think that the use of 'The Staunton Lick' in the final episode of the programme 'Spaced' was justified, and really added to the emotions of the finale. If you've not seen it, check it out: My favourite sitcom of all time.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-01-2010, 19:11
By coincidence I have had a recent re-flirt with this album too... It is very good, but like dan says it has been raped by many an advert and day time tv program, although the the nice thing about that I that once in a while you get a splash of good music in an add break!

Alex_UK
08-01-2010, 19:40
Indeed, the "Moby - Play" disease - but still a great outfit. As others have said, their other albums are worth checking out too.

Barry
08-01-2010, 19:45
Indeed, the "Moby - Play" disease - but still a great outfit. As others have said, their other albums are worth checking out too.

I like 'Play' simply because I had heard many of the tracks used in adverts. I also have a double CD collection of backing tracks that have been used with adverts - sad or what?

Regards

DanJennings
08-01-2010, 20:49
Lemon Jelly were AMAZING live

hifinutt
10-01-2010, 15:17
i adore lemon jelly .. their stuff sounds superb
i like the track on how to relieve mental stress best fab

Jonboy
10-01-2010, 19:50
These are a new discovery for me, thanks people there's loads of stuff on Spotify

Alex_UK
10-01-2010, 21:00
"All the ducks are swimming in the water, tra la la la la laa..."

I think it was Hamish who started a thread a while back about songs that get stuck in your head... Ahhhh!

;)

Barry
10-01-2010, 21:02
"All the ducks are swimming in the water, tra la la la la laa..."

I think it was Hamish who started a thread a while back about songs that get stuck in your head... Ahhhh!

;)

That's the only track on 'Lost Horizons' that really gets on my nerves!

Regards

Alex_UK
10-01-2010, 21:22
it's actually "All the ducks are swimming in the water, fal de ral de ral do" isn't it? But yes, drives me up the wall that track!

The Vinyl Adventure
11-01-2010, 02:05
Ha yeah, I should have rememberd that one!!

I used to have a lemon jelly DVD of sone sorts with loads of trippy videos .. But I can't find it now! Anyone seen it? It's really hypnotic!

sburrell
11-01-2010, 04:13
I do however think that the use of 'The Staunton Lick' in the final episode of the programme 'Spaced' was justified, and really added to the emotions of the finale. If you've not seen it, check it out: My favourite sitcom of all time.
Oh-my-God. I love you. I had no idea that track was anything other than incidental music. Going to BUY THIS!
'Spaced' is indeed one of the most wonderful serials ever created, and the finale you mention is surely one of the best finales ever. And it IS the music that makes it. It has such a homely, warm feel, and I choke up every time I watch this.

If I can just recommend "In The Bath," on the same album as "The Staunton Lick". Also, they used to offer free tracks as downloads if you successfully completed flash games on their website. Don't know if they do that now.

Peace.

DanJennings
11-01-2010, 11:46
Oh-my-God. I love you. I had no idea that track was anything other than incidental music. Going to BUY THIS!
'Spaced' is indeed one of the most wonderful serials ever created, and the finale you mention is surely one of the best finales ever. And it IS the music that makes it. It has such a homely, warm feel, and I choke up every time I watch this.

If I can just recommend "In The Bath," on the same album as "The Staunton Lick". Also, they used to offer free tracks as downloads if you successfully completed flash games on their website. Don't know if they do that now.

Peace.

Hoorah! I've finally contributed something of use to this forum!

hifinutt
15-01-2010, 21:42
my favourite is his majesty king raam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lemonjelly-ky-Lemon-Jelly/dp/B00004XN08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263591727&sr=8-1

DanJennings
16-01-2010, 13:14
my favourite is his majesty king raam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lemonjelly-ky-Lemon-Jelly/dp/B00004XN08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263591727&sr=8-1

I actually found an old record in a charity shop that the samples on that were culled from.... it's quite strange....
will get a pic up here later if I can be bothered

DSJR
16-01-2010, 17:22
[CENTER][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Lemonjelly.ky

...however this album is on CD and so is never going to be as good at depth as vinyl.

Two ways to reply to this comment...

1, Your CD player doesn't do "depth" like mine does - and mine does, believe me :)

2, Vinyl does "depth" that master recordings don't..

Your choice.....;)

DanJennings
20-01-2010, 13:33
I actually found an old record in a charity shop that the samples on that were culled from.... it's quite strange....
will get a pic up here later if I can be bothered

I got around to it eventually!

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp125/pogoyen/Image001.jpg

apologies for crap photo