PDA

View Full Version : Loving my Wharfedale Jade 1's

Len Co
23-03-2017, 17:48
Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.

Macca
23-03-2017, 18:38
Not head them but they look like a pretty good design. Three way with aperiodic bass loading.

Pieoftheday
24-03-2017, 10:54
Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.

The wharfedale Jade range look very nice I think.I wouldn't let reviews put you off or on though,I once bought an arcam cd73 because of good reviews, I hated it.

hifinutt
26-04-2017, 15:42
yes heard some of the jade range at a show and it was amazing what they could do . couple of years ago very nearly bought a pair of the floorstanders as they were heavily discounted

daman
02-05-2017, 15:14
I ditched a pair of Maggies for a pair of gorgeous Wharfedale Rosedale. Glorious sound driven by vintage Fisher tubes!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

AlexM
28-05-2017, 18:26
Designed by Peter Cormeau? he's pt together quite a few good sounding speakers over the years.