PDA

View Full Version : Croft 25R Line Pre-Amplifier and Croft Series 7 Power Amplifier

Rob1969
21-03-2017, 10:13
For sale are my Croft Pre and Power Amplifiers. Please note this is a line only version with no phono preamp.

They are around 12 months old and in superb condition with no marks or scratches. I will include an Atlas interconnect to connect the two together.

The power amplifier has a ECC82 Mullard valve installed which lowers the gain slightly and sounds superb. No other changes made.

Both are boxed.

Looking for around £1,200 ono for the two. RRP is £1,770. Will split but would rather sell them together.

Any questions please ask.

alphaGT
21-03-2017, 10:19
Croft! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time! Happy to see they are still in business. I see the preamp had built in phono, is it a MM only? Or does it have adjustments? I'm just curious, nice looking gear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob1969
21-03-2017, 10:24
This is line level only - no phono preamp inside.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob1969
22-03-2017, 15:36
No longer for sale.

Jimbo
22-03-2017, 15:44
May I ask of you are keeping the Croft amps Rob?

Rob1969
23-03-2017, 08:41
May I ask of you are keeping the Croft amps Rob?

Indeed you can. I was looking at a valve amplifier for my speakers that looked beautiful and would have fulfilled an itch I wanted to scratch so to speak. I was thinking that it might have sounded better than the Croft pairing (had valve amps for a number of years and always enjoyed them).

I was listening to some music whilst working yesterday which sounded so captivating with my current system and thought to myself that I was being a fool taking a chance on an unknown quantity when what I have sounds so amazing.

Hence deciding to keep them. Think I might upgrade the & power to R status in the near future.

struth
23-03-2017, 08:55
Sounds like a smart plan to me. :)

Jimbo
23-03-2017, 10:19
Indeed you can. I was looking at a valve amplifier for my speakers that looked beautiful and would have fulfilled an itch I wanted to scratch so to speak. I was thinking that it might have sounded better than the Croft pairing (had valve amps for a number of years and always enjoyed them).

I was listening to some music whilst working yesterday which sounded so captivating with my current system and thought to myself that I was being a fool taking a chance on an unknown quantity when what I have sounds so amazing.

Hence deciding to keep them. Think I might upgrade the & power to R status in the near future.

That's nice to hear Rob and probably a good decision. I have been into audio for 30 years and heard many amps and none have really bettered the Crofts. Different yes but never better, at least to my ears.

Rob1969
23-03-2017, 11:39
That's nice to hear Rob and probably a good decision. I have been into audio for 30 years and heard many amps and none have really bettered the Crofts. Different yes but never better, at least to my ears.

I have been into audio for a similar amount of time and agree with your views on the Croft kit. I don't know what came over me - a moment of weakness I suppose.

Jimbo
23-03-2017, 12:23
I have been into audio for a similar amount of time and agree with your views on the Croft kit. I don't know what came over me - a moment of weakness I suppose.

Other folks have done the same. Over on HifiWigWam a few chaps have sold then bought back their Croft amps.:)