PDA

View Full Version : WTD: SME 309 Tonearm

Clive197
19-03-2017, 13:29
As I have 3 different cartridges on the go, I need an arm which can accommodate interchangeable headshells and after due consideration have decided that the SME 309 will fit the bill. If any of you guys would like to move one of these along, please advise in the normal way.

flapland
19-03-2017, 21:20
Clive,you might want to contact Unique Audio up near Watford. They shift lots of SME new and used stock so might have something. Best calling as I believe the website its updated that much.

Clive197
21-03-2017, 11:42
Clive,you might want to contact Unique Audio up near Watford. They shift lots of SME new and used stock so might have something. Best calling as I believe the website its updated that much.

Thanks for that. I phoned Nick at Unique Audio and asked him if he had any 309's in stock, it took him 5 phone calls including one when he asked me me how was I going to pay for said Tonearm (we hadn't even discussed cost or availability at that point). He eventually (24hrs later) came back to me me to tell me he had gone to check his stock but that his colleague had sold the one he thought he had 2 days ago. Strange man, and what a way to run a business.

flapland
21-03-2017, 19:50
Thanks for that. I phoned Nick at Unique Audio and asked him if he had any 309's in stock, it took him 5 phone calls including one when he asked me me how was I going to pay for said Tonearm (we hadn't even discussed cost or availability at that point). He eventually (24hrs later) came back to me me to tell me he had gone to check his stock but that his colleague had sold the one he thought he had 2 days ago. Strange man, and what a way to run a business.

Sorry it wasn't as productive as I thought it might be, hopefully something will pop up on this or one of the other forums.