PDA

View Full Version : Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

Dynamics
11-03-2017, 23:52
I've never really met many people who are into my passion for hi fi. More of a home pleasure for me as I live alone and tend just to listen to hi fi when by myself. Bought some pmc twenty5 23s before x mas and am absolutely loving them with my cyrus signature gear.

Am wondering if anyone meets in groups in Sussex. I'm pretty central in Haywards Heath and near Brighton.

I thought if people wanted to either just go around to listen to each others set ups, or maybe bring stuff round to each other's, if obviously easily to transport (so maybe not speakers etc) as it's a good way of checking out kit and doing tests.

I'm really interested in such things as power conditioners improving sound, if bespoke nas systems can improve sound quality, as well as dac technology and improving on what I've got.

walpurgis
11-03-2017, 23:59
Members here do meet up. I'd expect you to have some not too far from you.

HackneyRF
12-03-2017, 09:44
Members here do meet up. I'd expect you to have some not too far from you.

A motorcycle forum I am a member of has a section that has a map showing where people are located. Not the exact location to protect privacy obviously. Might a feature like that be useful for AoS members to get together? Just a thought.

Pharos
12-03-2017, 10:06
I live in Seaford, have wondered similarly, and this pursuit of ours is rather weird to most people.

It tends to be isolatory and obsessive, and most ordinary people can't see what the fuss is all about, but then so many people regard MacDonalds as food.

Recently a next door neighbour who is a motorcyclist, exclaimed; "Oh you care about the positions of all the instruments and things? I just want to hear the music."

I also am a loner, and have never been married or had children, and cannot help but wonder if this defines me as inadequate in some way, and that the Hi-Fi is a sublimation/displacement of more normal life desires. (40% marriages fail BTW)

Dynamics
12-03-2017, 11:09
Now, now. I wouldn't say I'm a loner, I'm out and about a lot but it's just that listening to hi fi is more a solitary thing to do. The people I know wouldn't really care how the music is played and I agree with your view with your neighbour. It is a shame though.

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 11:37
Most people play music, they don't listen to it. These days it seems that these people who play music do so when doing other things, background music whilst cooking, driving, running, etc. They cant understand why you would want to sit down facing a load of big/ small boxes and just listen.

karma67
12-03-2017, 11:54
im in brighton and live alone too,wanna start a sucide club? lol
if anyone wants to hear my system and bring some gear or records they know well round im up for that :)

Gazjam
12-03-2017, 11:57
Us Scottish Mafia types have been doing this for years Simon, its great.

It's a great way to hear different kit in your own system, have a bunch of mates (old n new) around and goof off about hifi and put the world to rights.
Good way to meet new like minded folk too, always a good thing.

Too easy to get 'stuck in your ways' hifi wise and for myself my wireless has spun off in completely different directions to what it was originally.

A good shout, hope some of the guys local to you pick it up and you all get something going. :thumbsup:

Macca
12-03-2017, 12:06
Most people play music, they don't listen to it. These days it seems that these people who play music do so when doing other things, background music whilst cooking, driving, running, etc. They cant understand why you would want to sit down facing a load of big/ small boxes and just listen.

True.

Mind you I was at a mate's the other night, few people there playing Scrabble. There was background music on but it was interesting that a lot of people commented on the music - not the sound quality, but the music - on a number of occasions. So people clearly were listening even though it wasn't the purpose of the 'event'. None of them are hi-fi enthusiasts though, although the system was quite decent.

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 12:16
True.

Mind you I was at a mate's the other night, few people there playing Scrabble. There was background music on but it was interesting that a lot of people commented on the music - not the sound quality, but the music - on a number of occasions. So people clearly were listening even though it wasn't the purpose of the 'event'. None of them are hi-fi enthusiasts though, although the system was quite decent.
Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?

Dynamics
12-03-2017, 12:26
Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?

No that's alright. I tend to think I'd rather be listening to my hi fi when cooking etc, then something which doesn't sound as good. i agree listening to hi fi is best done sitting in the right spot between the speakers like I mostly often do, but I can enjoy it just as much when bumbling around my flat doing different things, because if you have good soundstage the sound is all over the place anyway.

Dynamics
12-03-2017, 12:33
im in brighton and live alone too,wanna start a sucide club? lol
if anyone wants to hear my system and bring some gear or records they know well round im up for that :)

Hi Jamie,
I'm down in Brighton a lot and will take you up on that sometime. Do you know of anyone else in the area who is very into hi fi. Your offer to me extends to yourself too, if you want to come and check my stuff out. As I say I'm in Haywards heath. Listen to lots of different music. Maybe it would be good to get a group together first following further interest here. Simon

struth
12-03-2017, 12:43
Yes i used to like the meets up here when i was fitter.

To other point, i guess i do other things while listening to music a lot. Usually on here for start lol. Listening to old crow as i type

p147
12-03-2017, 13:00
Yep,
I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less :(

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 13:04
i guess i do other things while listening to music a lot. Usually on here for start lol. Listening to old crow as i type

Same here, point i was trying to make was, we still listen. Many friends of mine seem to be completely unaware of the music , in that i would say" that was a great track", them " oh what was playing, i wasn't listening ".
I am not saying to listen to music you have to sit in one spot and give it your full attention. Just that there are many people out there who would turn a radio on, or Pop a CD into their player and not even listen .

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 13:06
Yep,
I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less :(

looks like a SEBO ,could be on the cards.... great.

walpurgis
12-03-2017, 13:11
there are many people out there who would turn a radio on, or Pop a CD into their player and not even listen .

I know a few like that. I've met the odd person who doesn't like or understand music.

HackneyRF
12-03-2017, 14:16
Hi Jamie,
I'm down in Brighton a lot and will take you up on that sometime. Do you know of anyone else in the area who is very into hi fi. Your offer to me extends to yourself too, if you want to come and check my stuff out. As I say I'm in Haywards heath. Listen to lots of different music. Maybe it would be good to get a group together first following further interest here. Simon

We plan on moving to Hastings/St Leonards on Sea in near future so may like to join in the fun on the South Coast. :)

RichB
12-03-2017, 14:17
The chaps over at The Audio Standard are having an ASBO (a southern bake off) which might be of interest.

As an aside I think people now are surrounded by music, it is everywhere and has become like wallpaper. Just another element in whichever situation they are. Friends think I'm weird as I hate the music in my local pub, the. Jukebox plays over random rubbishy speakers stuck at awkward angles around the place. It makes a truly awful racket and is like fingernails on chalkboard to me. However I'm the only one who seems to care. I'd rather have no music than listen it. It isn't even conducive to the atmosphere of the place as people have to shout above the tinny din when chatting.

Most folk have become so accustomed to that way of hearing music they don't give it a second thought. The guitarist in my band has several radios on at once in his house, all bloody day and night long, sometimes all on different stations. It drives me up the up the wall and he doesn't get it. He's happy because he has music in every room. None of it sounding very good. He doesn't own a TV so listens a lot of music. I wonder if that makes him any less of a music lover than me?

Macca
12-03-2017, 14:47

Iron Maiden when I got there, later they had some Dubby/Reggae thing going on.

Macca
12-03-2017, 14:48
The chaps over at The Audio Standard are having an ASBO (a southern bake off) which might be of interest.

In Reading I think.

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 15:18
Most folk have become so accustomed to that way of hearing music they don't give it a second thought. The guitarist in my band has several radios on at once in his house, all bloody day and night long, sometimes all on different stations. It drives me up the up the wall and he doesn't get it. He's happy because he has music in every room. None of it sounding very good. He doesn't own a TV so listens a lot of music. I wonder if that makes him any less of a music lover than me?
Dave one of my best mates, a great guitar player, owns some very nice guitar amps etc. Uses this tiny little tin can sounding CD all in one player. Bought from a supermarket. He has loads of CDs ,and listens to music all the time. I would say we are equal music lovers, as we both connect emotionally to the music.
He likes HIFI, but would rather spend his cash on guitar gear.

jollyfix
12-03-2017, 15:21
later they had some Dubby/Reggae thing going on.
Ah Dubby Reggae and scrabble, good mix.

Dynamics
13-03-2017, 18:49
Yep,

Hi p147
What hi fi stuff do you have out of interest. A snooker fan -147?
Simon

Rick_F
13-03-2017, 21:41
Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!! I live in Crowborough and have been to plenty of bake offs on another forum that's currently going through a lot of changes.

Bake off's are great to meet like minded people and make new friends. They also allow you to listen to completely different set-ups that you may not get a chance to at any retail outlet. I bought my speakers after hearing a mates pair (in Haywards Heath). I'd have never considered them without having had that opportunity. Then there's my dac (Chord Hugo), another mate had one on loan from one of his friends and thought I'd be interested in hearing it. In short I loved what it did for my system and so bought one.

I'd be happy to bring the Hugo and / or a Music First Silver pre-amp round if someone fancied holding a small back off. I'll also happily return the good deed once I get my power amps back up and running. I managed to kill one by shorting the speaker terminals one day (I couldn't see behind my speakers and everything "felt" ok!).

Cheers Rick.

Dynamics
14-03-2017, 01:09
Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!! I live in Crowborough and have been to plenty of bake offs on another forum that's currently going through a lot of changes.

Bake off's are great to meet like minded people and make new friends. They also allow you to listen to completely different set-ups that you may not get a chance to at any retail outlet. I bought my speakers after hearing a mates pair (in Haywards Heath). I'd have never considered them without having had that opportunity. Then there's my dac (Chord Hugo), another mate had one on loan from one of his friends and thought I'd be interested in hearing it. In short I loved what it did for my system and so bought one.

I'd be happy to bring the Hugo and / or a Music First Silver pre-amp round if someone fancied holding a small back off. I'll also happily return the good deed once I get my power amps back up and running. I managed to kill one by shorting the speaker terminals one day (I couldn't see behind my speakers and everything "felt" ok!).

Cheers Rick.

Hi Rick

I'd be interested in that. I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hugo would do in my system. What do you have kit wise? Maybe you could come round mine, or when visiting your friend in hh. Come together if you like. Would be good to know anyone else in Haywards Heath into hi fi.

Let us know if you fancy it. My system is quite nice and a bit of a demo for cyrus and pmc. The new 25-23s I have are fantastic speakers. I see lots of people (from forums) who have used Hugo's with cyrus.

Simon

alphaGT
14-03-2017, 06:30
Sounds like you know how to have fun! Now, here in the States a "bake off", means something a bit different. Are we getting "baked", in front of the stereo? A lot of that goes on I hear.

I was explaining to a coworker once what an "Audiophile", does, drink your favorite beverage, and listen to music intently. And he replied, "oh, so you're like an intellectual couch potato", and I said yes exactly!

My ex mother in law used to set in her kitchen all day, every day, smoking cigarettes, no radio, no TV, just setting there all day in silence. Her brains squirming like worms I'm sure. While there was a hi fi and Tele in the next room? Personally I don't trust people who don't like music.

My friends have stereos, but they are nothing special, they all love my system! They think it's awesome! But they just are not willing to part with the money to own one. Many are musicians, and they spend all their extra money on guitars and guitar rigs. My best friend has about 18 or 20 guitars. Most never see the light of day. My own father overheard me telling someone what I had invested in my system and he blew off, "no stereo is worth that kind of money!" And I asked him, hoe much do you have in that camping trailer? About the same amount. I asked him, how often do you use that trailer? He replied maybe 10 times a year. So I said, I use my stereo every single day, 365 days a year! Now who's wasting money?

I'd love to join you guys on one of your bake offs! Perhaps you can take up a collection and buy me a plane ticket? I'd pitch in, but I'm saving for a preamp. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pharos
14-03-2017, 10:58
I would welcome a visit from anyone here, it is such a lovely pursuit and comparison with others' equipment is necessary I think because we can, if too isolated go off on a solitary path which may deviate from actual fidelity, and others' opinions help to keep us on our toes.

I also am not yet streaming, am completely bemused by the numerous possibilities available for this, and would like pointers to the cheapest, highest quality, and maximum range of available music.

My system; relatively unused Linn Sondek RB300, DL304, AVI CD player, AVI Mk 2 tuner, ATC SCA2 pre, ATC SPA2 power, own redesign ESS AMT (1Bs originally), 5th iteration with Rogers BBC LS5/8 mid woofer, and a pair of newly acquired ADM Tensor Gamma actives. Ongoing A/B ing of the latter.

We all have individual experiences and developments, and we may just be able to give useful info or pointers to each other from our experimentations.

Well Rick F when you say; "Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!!", I cannot help but think of the numerous times that girlfriends have seen my interests as a competitive threat, these being ; Hi-Fi, motorcycles, bicycles, and even bodybuilding.

Alpha GT, one advantage of Hi-Fi, is that we can use it in really bad weather, and be comfortable.

p147
14-03-2017, 12:27
Hello Simon, I have over the last year(since coming back to Hi-Fi from A/V) have been putting together a vintage Pioneer Urushi Reference system, the only items I have to replace is the turntable and also get some new speakers now that I have sold my Dynaudio ones, but all in good time.
As for the 147 no not really a snooker fan, but is an old door number where I used to live :)
Once system is put together then may have a bakeoff. f
Hi p147
What hi fi stuff do you have out of interest. A snooker fan -147?
Simon

p147
14-03-2017, 12:30
Count me in as and when you are ready.

I would welcome a visit from anyone here, it is such a lovely pursuit and comparison with others' equipment is necessary I think because we can, if too isolated go off on a solitary path which may deviate from actual fidelity, and others' opinions help to keep us on our toes.

I also am not yet streaming, am completely bemused by the numerous possibilities available for this, and would like pointers to the cheapest, highest quality, and maximum range of available music.

My system; relatively unused Linn Sondek RB300, DL304, AVI CD player, AVI Mk 2 tuner, ATC SCA2 pre, ATC SPA2 power, own redesign ESS AMT (1Bs originally), 5th iteration with Rogers BBC LS5/9 mid woofer, and a pair of newly acquired ADM Tensor Gamma actives. Ongoing A/B ing of the latter.

We all have individual experiences and developments, and we may just be able to give useful info or pointers to each other from our experimentations.

Well Rick F when you say; "Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!!", I cannot help but think of the numerous times that girlfriends have seen my interests as a competitive threat, these being ; Hi-Fi, motorcycles, bicycles, and even bodybuilding.

Alpha GT, one advantage of Hi-Fi, is that we can use it in really bad weather, and be comfortable.

Macca
14-03-2017, 12:31
Hi Dennis, you should consider getting along to NEBO at the start of May. Not that far up the M1 for you.

Ian7633
14-03-2017, 15:44
Hi Simon, I'm in Pulborough, West Sussex. You are welcome to come over any time to have a listen and tea or coffee. Turntable is in dry dock at the moment as the arm is away being rewired but when it comes back I'd be happy to demo it. Offer extended to like minded members by the way.

Pharos
14-03-2017, 17:36
You are welcome to visit p147, as are other members.

My home is not (as on the HDD forum) showing immaculate décor and minimalism, everything is transitional and I am not wealthy enough to just - get it all done. This of course illustrates what a sound nut I am, most would have spent much more on the home and less on the sound equipment, especially if married. :)

I also do not have transport other than my bicycle, because as you no doubt know everything on the coast is so prone to corrosion, my need is low, and I have a bus pass to Brighton and Eastbourne.

Macca
14-03-2017, 17:49
I thought you were in Sleaford Lincs, my mistake.

Rick_F
14-03-2017, 21:23
Hi Rick

I'd be interested in that. I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hugo would do in my system. What do you have kit wise? Maybe you could come round mine, or when visiting your friend in hh. Come together if you like. Would be good to know anyone else in Haywards Heath into hi fi.

Let us know if you fancy it. My system is quite nice and a bit of a demo for cyrus and pmc. The new 25-23s I have are fantastic speakers. I see lots of people (from forums) who have used Hugo's with cyrus.

Simon

Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out :) I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.

Dynamics
14-03-2017, 21:38
Ok thanks look forward to it, let us know when you are ready. Interesting to know what your hi fi is, don't think you said. Simon

Rick_F
14-03-2017, 22:04
It's in my profile "About me" section ;)

Looking forward to it.

GJO
15-03-2017, 09:18
H Rick.

Hows the giant headphones sounding ?

Rick_F
16-03-2017, 19:26
H Rick.

Hows the giant headphones sounding ?

Hi Graham! They are fine thanks, but I killed one of my amps by shorting the output when reconnecting the to the left speaker. This was due to not being able to see about said headphone! I'm using the Art Audio amp at the moment, but it hasn't really got the control of the monoblocks. You'll have to pop round if I can get them fixed. I don't think you heard the Puresound L300 did you?

How's things up north in Kent? :)

GJO
17-03-2017, 08:37
Yes,you had the L300 running when I last came round,would doubt the Arts could control the bass drivers very well,them's a big pair of headphones.
Since you last came around here,have changed the phono stage and added a DSP set up,systems sounds quite a bit different now I have cured the bottom end peaks and trough's.
Hope you get the amps fixed.
G.

moodybuilder
04-04-2017, 14:46
Hi
I'm also from Sussex between polegate and alfriston but happily married with Grown up kids, would be interested in meeting sometime
Regards Phil

rigger67
05-04-2017, 09:29
I also am a loner, and have never been married or had children

Me too.
Came close a few times and have had long relationships but the only time I lived with women, both ended inside six months.
I get fed up with people (okay, women) saying I have commitment issues : I don't. I just don't want to compromise 80/20.
50/50 is fine, even 60/40 but not to the point where I'm not happy/henpecked/wearing matching anoraks.
I know two couples who decided not to have kids for various reasons and I think we're all finally getting to the age where people stop asking us about it .. but we will always be considered weirdos.

... and cannot help but wonder if this defines me as inadequate in some way, and that the Hi-Fi is a sublimation/displacement of more normal life desires

Definitely not inadequate.
I think it makes you more interesting, personally.
Why settle for something that doesn't make you truly happy ?
We could all get married for the sake of it, have kids for the sake of the crap marriage and grow old and bitter with someone else, but that's the easy, socially acceptable way. It's much more important to be true to yourself.
Most of your mates are probably envious, right ?
There's a reason why so many men go fishing whenever they get the chance, and it's not because of the sport ..

As for the sublimation thing, I don't think so : men like to have collections or hobbies or a project they can devote time and effort to. Like fishing, cars, photography, art, sport .. whatever .. we need that "out" I think, as animals.
I have a record collection and hifi, a big Subbuteo collection - and still play - and I go to the cinema every week (on my own, btw).
No shame in any of that and it's not because I don't have kids ..

karma67
05-04-2017, 15:43
weirdo!

struth
05-04-2017, 15:46
Me too.
Came close a few times and have had long relationships but the only time I lived with women, both ended inside six months.
I get fed up with people (okay, women) saying I have commitment issues : I don't. I just don't want to compromise 80/20.
50/50 is fine, even 60/40 but not to the point where I'm not happy/henpecked/wearing matching anoraks.
I know two couples who decided not to have kids for various reasons and I think we're all finally getting to the age where people stop asking us about it .. but we will always be considered weirdos.

Definitely not inadequate.
I think it makes you more interesting, personally.
Why settle for something that doesn't make you truly happy ?
We could all get married for the sake of it, have kids for the sake of the crap marriage and grow old and bitter with someone else, but that's the easy, socially acceptable way. It's much more important to be true to yourself.
Most of your mates are probably envious, right ?
There's a reason why so many men go fishing whenever they get the chance, and it's not because of the sport ..

As for the sublimation thing, I don't think so : men like to have collections or hobbies or a project they can devote time and effort to. Like fishing, cars, photography, art, sport .. whatever .. we need that "out" I think, as animals.
I have a record collection and hifi, a big Subbuteo collection - and still play - and I go to the cinema every week (on my own, btw).
No shame in any of that and it's not because I don't have kids ..

You probably couldnt afford them all if you had kids or have time to enjoy them. :). Kids do cost in every conceivable currency.

rigger67
05-04-2017, 16:11
Both good points, well made :D

karma67
05-04-2017, 18:45
ha ha,im in the same boat mate ,like you im happy with just me...oh and the dog :)

Pharos
05-04-2017, 23:04
Rigger67, your post 42 does offer some comfort, but also opens up many other questions for me.

I agree that kids cost a hell of a lot in time money and effort if done properly, and my integrity would ensure I did my best, having had rather selfish and abusive parents.

But can't a marriage be such that it is not only 50:50, both keeping their identities, and enriching each others lives with new experiences via the other's interests?

If I ventured into it I would have to think about the improved genetic recombination of any children as a major factor, and I would want a wife to be unorthodox by dismissing conventional roles in favour of a real commitment to sharing in every way.

Marriage surely does not have to be a substitute for living, an implanted imposition into enjoyment of life. A partner should enhance life quality. However on the basis of mails I am currently receiving, it seems that many women want a ready made care home with steward provided, into which they just give birth repeatedly. This they call love and commitment.

One of the few statements with which I agree from Ashley James of the HDD site, is that he asserted that it was very natural for a man to develop things, working at them with his hands. This dos not only mean fixing the house systems to me, but may seem that way to many women.

My experience is that my interests in; motorcycling, Hi-Fi, bodybuilding, cycling, and musical instrument playing, are seen as a competitive threat to them having my attention and time.

I love women, but I feel tyrannised enough by the cat.

Marco
06-04-2017, 07:50

Isn't it bizarre how someone who hasn't conformed with society's 'accepted norm' is thus labelled as a "weirdo"? For me, that says more about them than it does about us (as I also don't have any children, but am very happily married).

I've never been able to fathom why for so many, the feeling towards others who've successfully built their lives differently from you, is often one of resentment? :hmm:

Perhaps it's because as we're not tided down with looking after kids, we've not only got more disposable income, enabling us to enjoy ourselves more, but also the time in which to do it? ;)

I've got nothing against having children [we would've too, had things worked out differently, as we both like kids], but I certainly don't feel a 'failure' for it, or 'unfulfilled' in some way as a human being, simply because I've' failed to procreate', or worse as some bizarrely often brand you as, 'selfish'. What's that all about? :scratch:

I've just never bought the notion that in order to be a 'success' in life, one needs to have 2.4 children and a semi-detached in Surbiton.... Or have 'her indoors' popping them out like ping-pong balls, as the more kids you have, the more 'fulfilled' or special you feel. Bollocks to that!

As for commitment, I'm with you 100%. For me, it's either 50-50 or nothing! Why on earth, without very good reason, should either partner in a relationship have more overall say than the other? All this 'she's the boss' bollocks, which in my experience is largely a British thing, boils my piss like you wouldn't believe...

The hen-pecked husbands of Britain really do need to get a grip and 'grow a pair'!

That's an interesting one, which don't get me wrong I get works for some, but which doesn't apply in my circumstances. I've been married to my wife now for over 25 years, and we still enjoy each other's company, and consequently do things together [she even comes to hi-fi shows with me :eek:], and miss each other even if we're apart for a day!

Therefore, I've never 'bought into' the notion of going fishing, or to the pub or whatever, to 'get away from the wife'. For me, it's precisely the opposite, as apart from partners we're also the best of friends, have lots in common and thus enjoying sharing things together.

Don't get me wrong, she still has her mates, and I have mine, and we enjoy our respective bloke or girly time, but nothing beats us being together, doing the things we both enjoy - and for me if you don't have that type of close relationship with your wife or husband, then you don't really have a marriage.

It's simply an 'agreement of mutual convenience', often brought about by the arrival of an unplanned pregnancy, which in some ways takes us back to where we were before...

No, mate, enjoy your freedom. My advice is to fill your life with as many pleasures as possible, and have a ball while you can! :cool:

Marco.

Marco
06-04-2017, 08:03
...it seems that many women want a ready made care home with steward provided, into which they just give birth repeatedly. This they call love and commitment.

Hahaha... That's brilliant, and oh *so* true! :lol:

Never marry someone who sees you simply as a glorified sperm bank, and who seeks to fulfil her ambitions at YOUR financial expense, and in the process, advance her social status, because if so, for the rest of your life, you can safely stamp the words 'door mat' on your forehead!

Apparently, some men also like being 'mothered' [seeking a replacement mother figure, in the shape of a wife], which is probably one of the reasons why the 'she's the boss' thing exists so prominently: some men actually *want* it that way.... :eek:

You can usually spot this rather comical phenomenon when 'she' buys all your clothes and underwear, and gives you 'pocket money' to spend, from your OWN wages...! :mental: :mental:

Marco.

struth
06-04-2017, 08:31
No kids means no one to look after you in your dotage they say... maybe it really means no one to bung you in a home when you become a trial ;)

rigger67
06-04-2017, 08:32
... enriching each others lives ...

A partner should enhance life quality

I love women, but I feel tyrannised enough by the cat

You're bang on with everything you said, mate but especially the stuff I highlighted above.
I know what you mean about the "care home" comment too - this ain't the 1950s where wifey stayed at home and you had your choice of top jobs for top dollar and everyone had a maid and a gardener and a picket fence.

Isn't it bizarre how someone who hasn't conformed with society's 'accepted norm' is thus labelled as a "weirdo"? For me, that says more about them than it does about us (as I also don't have any children, but am very happily married).

I've never been able to fathom why for so many, the feeling towards others who've successfully built their lives differently from you, is often one of resentment?

Again, Marco you're also spot on with everything you say, both replying to me and to Pharos.
That resentment thing .. jeez, I'd actually go further and say some people are actually hostile about it.
Relatives have demanded to know why I haven't "settled down" and had children and treat me like the black sheep of the family.
Actually, I say that but I never see them - they were step-relatives anyway and now my stepdad's gone I've given up the facade of family events for his sake. The only family I've got is my sister and her brood who live in Johannesburg.

Curiously enough, she was another who couldn't understand my life.
It got to the point where she got drunk at a dinner party when I was over there and said some really nasty shit to me in front of everyone.
I got up and walked away, but she found me ten minutes later and got in my face saying that I was "broken".
I don't even know what that means ..

This was a few years ago.
Since then, she's actually spent time in the UK again and just with me and my friends. I've taken her all over the country to meet people in my life and we've been away together to Germany and Edinburgh and really connected again.
Now she knows loads about me, my friends, what I do, where and how and she actually DOES understand me and my life choices.
She's met a couple of girlfriends in that time too, which was funny for me given she'd not met any in the 25 years previous - she's actually been down south now for longer than she lived in England prior to emigrating.

Still, I'm rambling now.
I guess what I'm trying to say is "Walk a mile in my shoes, before you judge me" to paraphrase Elvis.

She asked me last time I saw her if I would've cut her off too.
I said no but knew the answer was yes.

I think I am a bit broken but isn't everyone ? :mental:

Oh, and one last point : the thing about people who MUST be in a relationship because they can't exist on their own.
What is that all about ??
One mate got married and even on his wedding day I asked him how long it would last and he said "A few months probably".
Twelve years later they finally got divorced.
He suffered multiple burns - real life threatening stuff - in an accident and was in a coma for six months. It's a miracle he lived and half his body looks melted, it's amazing.
In a semi-comatose state, he lay in hospital one day as his wife came to see him. She was on the phone to a friend at the bank where she worked and the conversation was about life insurance and whether she'd "be okay" if he died (!!) and how much she'd get with the cover they had.
Five minutes later she called a Mercedes dealership to confirm that yes, she would take the car she looked at earlier that day.

... all the while holding his hand.

She thought he couldn't hear her and was gonna pop his clogs anyway.

Christ.
I could go on all day .. when's the next meet-up ?
I think it'll be a therapeutic experience :cool::cool::cool:

struth
06-04-2017, 09:18
You're bang on with everything you said, mate but especially the stuff I highlighted above.
I know what you mean about the "care home" comment too - this ain't the 1950s where wifey stayed at home and you had your choice of top jobs for top dollar and everyone had a maid and a gardener and a picket fence

Again, Marco you're also spot on with everything you say, both replying to me and to Pharos.
That resentment thing .. jeez, I'd actually go further and say some people are actually hostile about it.
Relatives have demanded to know why I haven't "settled down" and had children and treat me like the black sheep of the family.
Actually, I say that but I never see them - they were step-relatives anyway and now my stepdad's gone I've given up the facade of family events for his sake. The only family I've got is my sister and her brood who live in Johannesburg.

Curiously enough, she was another who couldn't understand my life.
It got to the point where she got drunk at a dinner party when I was over there and said some really nasty shit to me in front of everyone.
I got up and walked away, but she found me ten minutes later and got in my face saying that I was "broken".
I don't even know what that means ..

This was a few years ago.
Since then, she's actually spent time in the UK again and just with me and my friends. I've taken her all over the country to meet people in my life and we've been away together to Germany and Edinburgh and really connected again.
Now she knows loads about me, my friends, what I do, where and how and she actually DOES understand me and my life choices.
She's met a couple of girlfriends in that time too, which was funny for me given she'd not met any in the 25 years previous - she's actually been down south now for longer than she lived in England prior to emigrating.

Still, I'm rambling now.
I guess what I'm trying to say is "Walk a mile in my shoes, before you judge me" to paraphrase Elvis.

She asked me last time I saw her if I would've cut her off too.
I said no but knew the answer was yes.

I think I am a bit broken but isn't everyone ? :mental:

Oh, and one last point : the thing about people who MUST be in a relationship because they can't exist on their own.
What is that all about ??
One mate got married and even on his wedding day I asked him how long it would last and he said "A few months probably".
Twelve years later they finally got divorced.
He suffered multiple burns - real life threatening stuff - in an accident and was in a coma for six months. It's a miracle he lived and half his body looks melted, it's amazing.
In a semi-comatose state, he lay in hospital one day as his wife came to see him. She was on the phone to a friend at the bank where she worked and the conversation was about life insurance and whether she'd "be okay" if he died (!!) and how much she'd get with the cover they had.
Five minutes later she called a Mercedes dealership to confirm that yes, she would take the car she looked at earlier that day.

... all the while holding his hand.

She thought he couldn't hear her and was gonna pop his clogs anyway.

Christ.
I could go on all day .. when's the next meet-up ?
I think it'll be a therapeutic experience :cool::cool::cool:

She sounds like a right bitch. She could at least have left the room

Pharos
06-04-2017, 09:29
That truly is an appalling and surely extreme case Rigger67.

Regarding the ridicule by others about personal choices which are different from theirs or from the 'norm', I have read up on this subject as a result of my upbringing.

We are all brought up in a competitive and resultantly insecure environment, and this places great demands on our ability as individuals to analyse and make life decisions.

The ability to make these and feel secure about them is known as ontological security, and a psychologist, Solomon Asch did experiments to measure this in people.

You might remember how at primary school we all looked around at others' answers in an insecure way, sometimes copying them.

He set up an experiment in which 50 people were apparently taking a multiple choice questionnaire. Actually 49 people were paid to answer with the same incorrect answers, and only one person was being tested, but not for his ability to get the right answer, actually to see to what degree he would stick to his own beliefs when surrounded by those with another belief, and who all agreed on it.

The result was that 60% of subjects would 'throw away' their own, often right, answers, and adopt the incorrect one that the group had 'chosen'. This has very serious implications for us all, especially in a democracy.

So when we are criticised or ridiculed for our differences, this underlying insecurity has to be suspected as at work.

rigger67
06-04-2017, 09:39
She sounds like a right bitch. She could at least have left the room

She was.
She was always manipulative and had one of those "resting bitch" faces years before they were a thing :

http://1v1d1e1lmiki1lgcvx32p49h8fe.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/resting-bitch-face-symptoms.jpg

We used to work together and he's actually a very funny, jolly and rather portly chap - big boned is the phrase I'm looking for ;).
Thing was, sometimes he'd be a right mardy so-and-so, really grumpy and snappy and we'd ask what was wrong and it was the same every time : they're not getting on at home, she's a bitch, etc ..
This would go on for days .. until miraculously - and like clockwork, once a month - he'd saunter in with a coffee for everyone and a box of doughnuts with a massive grin on his face.

Eventually I just asked him WTF was going on once I'd identified there was a pattern to his behaviour.
Turns out she'd .. er .. pleasure him orally once a month and that was what did it.
She didn't like doing it but relented round about payday.

Funny that ..

Sad thing is, they had three daughters and she turned one of them against him. The other two are fine, but the one bought everything she said and hardly sees him. It's a real shame because they're all still in their teens and it breaks him up inside.
She's the spit of her mother too, which can't make it any easier ..

I know some men are complete and utter tossers who'll sh*g anything that moves, but equally there are some really horrible women out there who'll use a man for all she can before moving on to the next.

Every year that passes, the more I think living in the western world resembles that Two Ronnies mini-series, The Worm That Turned :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMd1F1acSo&t=8s

Before you all think I'm a psycho misogynist, I can assure you I'm not : I really enjoy the company of women and have three lifelong female friends who I see a lot of and often go drinking with, despite them or me being in a relationship.
It's just the bad ones that I don't like .. :eyebrows:

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 09:40
no one to bung you in a home when you become a trial ;)

I've been a trial all my life!! :D

rigger67
06-04-2017, 09:47
That truly is an appalling and surely extreme case Rigger67.

Regarding the ridicule by others about personal choices which are different from theirs or from the 'norm', I have read up on this subject as a result of my upbringing.

We are all brought up in a competitive and resultantly insecure environment, and this places great demands on our ability as individuals to analyse and make life decisions.

The ability to make these and feel secure about them is known as ontological security, and a psychologist, Solomon Asch did experiments to measure this in people.

You might remember how at primary school we all looked around at others' answers in an insecure way, sometimes copying them.

He set up an experiment in which 50 people were apparently taking a multiple choice questionnaire. Actually 49 people were paid to answer with the same incorrect answers, and only one person was being tested, but not for his ability to get the right answer, actually to see to what degree he would stick to his own beliefs when surrounded by those with another belief, and who all agreed on it.

The result was that 60% of subjects would 'throw away' their own, often right, answers, and adopt the incorrect one that the group had 'chosen'. This has very serious implications for us all, especially in a democracy.

So when we are criticised or ridiculed for our differences, this underlying insecurity has to be suspected as at work.

Brilliant.
I've read about similar tests and it is quite astonishing how peer pressure can influence a person.

I love this kind of stuff.
Have you ever taken a Myers-Briggs test ?
It's a really useful tool for finding out about peoples' personalities and is widely used in US recruitment though not so much over here.
There's a series of questions - usually 50 or 100 - and they ask the respondent about a whole raft of subjects and how you feel about them.
It's not just work-related, it's about everyday life as a human being too, so it's quite a nice "test" to actually take - it makes you think in ways you've probably not done as an adult.
At the end of it, there are sixteen different personality types based around four axes of extremes with two ends on each, eg Introvert or Extrovert, Logical or Emotive (ie think with your heart or your head), etc.

Then when you know what "box" you're in you can see how you relate to and work with others around you.

I carried it out on a selection of my staff in my last full-time role at Southampton Uni and it was fascinating to find out who was who - and it confirmed a lot of what I already felt because I clearly worked better with certain individuals over others.

At the end of the day, "you gotta do what you gotta do" .. screw what anyone else thinks.

Marco
06-04-2017, 09:50
No kids means no one to look after you in your dotage they say... maybe it really means no one to bung you in a home when you become a trial ;)

Sadly, that's often the more likely scenario... And besides, if you 'party on' having a great time and die happy before that stage, then it's not an issue! :D

Marco's motto: you only have ONE life, so LIVE it [making sure that it *is* a LIFE, not merely an existence]..... Or as the late (great) John Martyn used to say: "I'm here for a good time, not a long time".

:exactly:

Marco.

Marco
06-04-2017, 10:05
There have been some great replies on this thread, and subjects very close to my heart discussed, which I'll get to later! :)

Marco.

struth
06-04-2017, 10:06
Sadly, that's the often the more likely scenario... And besides, if you 'party on' having a great time, and die happy before that stage, it's not an issue! :D

Marco's motto: you only have ONE life, so LIVE it [making sure that it *is* a LIFE, not merely an existence].....

:exactly:

Marco.

Jeez, dont say that last bit too often... i might have to top myself :doh:

struth
06-04-2017, 10:07
She was.
She was always manipulative and had one of those "resting bitch" faces years before they were a thing :

http://1v1d1e1lmiki1lgcvx32p49h8fe.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/resting-bitch-face-symptoms.jpg

We used to work together and he's actually a very funny, jolly and rather portly chap - big boned is the phrase I'm looking for ;).
Thing was, sometimes he'd be a right mardy so-and-so, really grumpy and snappy and we'd ask what was wrong and it was the same every time : they're not getting on at home, she's a bitch, etc ..
This would go on for days .. until miraculously - and like clockwork, once a month - he'd saunter in with a coffee for everyone and a box of doughnuts with a massive grin on his face.

Eventually I just asked him WTF was going on once I'd identified there was a pattern to his behaviour.
Turns out she'd .. er .. pleasure him orally once a month and that was what did it.
She didn't like doing it but relented round about payday.

Funny that ..

Sad thing is, they had three daughters and she turned one of them against him. The other two are fine, but the one bought everything she said and hardly sees him. It's a real shame because they're all still in their teens and it breaks him up inside.
She's the spit of her mother too, which can't make it any easier ..

I know some men are complete and utter tossers who'll sh*g anything that moves, but equally there are some really horrible women out there who'll use a man for all she can before moving on to the next.

Every year that passes, the more I think living in the western world resembles that Two Ronnies mini-series, The Worm That Turned :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMd1F1acSo&t=8s

Before you all think I'm a psycho misogynist, I can assure you I'm not : I really enjoy the company of women and have three lifelong female friends who I see a lot of and often go drinking with, despite them or me being in a relationship.
It's just the bad ones that I don't like .. :eyebrows:

I know that face. Is it just a composite? Or someone in particular? And im not talking big diana, who when young was a real doll

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 10:09
I know that face. Is it just a composite? Or someone in particular? And im not talking big diana, who when young was a real doll

Kristen Stewart.

struth
06-04-2017, 10:10
I've been a trial all my life!! :D

Indeed mate :eyebrows: But not as much a trial as others :D

struth
06-04-2017, 10:12
Kristen Stewart.

Ah yes... top marks old chap... you do know your totty

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 10:14
Ah yes... top marks old chap... you do know your totty

I make it my business. :)

Unfortunately. Kristen has announced that she is gay, so the lads won't get a look in!

struth
06-04-2017, 10:21
I make it my business. :)

Unfortunately. Kristen has announced that she is gay, so the lads won't get a look in!

Lucky lads by look of her lol. I like a natural smile and a bit of character in my females. She is a bit devoid for my liking tbh, or appears that way from the pictures on net.

Fortunately females are not on my radar these days..well past it :D.

Can still look at them tho... i like these 3 smiling beauties :ner:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170406/d6b924a673f55b59a04dcc8ca7ff1e0b.jpg

Marco
06-04-2017, 10:24

Depends what parties you go to, and whether you bring some nice cucumbers along... ;)

Not my type, though. Too hard-faced, not cute looking enough.

Marco.

rigger67
06-04-2017, 10:24

It's the actress, Kristen Stewart, but there are many, many examples with Vivien Leigh being a popular choice in her most famous role as Scarlett O'Hara :

https://static-wp.lonewolfmag.com/Vivien_Leigh_Gone_Wind_Restaured.jpg

.. though Joan Crawford could run her a close second :

https://static-wp.lonewolfmag.com/joan-crawford-silver-screen.jpg

From the modern world, at least Anna Kendrick is self-aware enough to joke about it :

https://s16.postimg.org/u3llhw6xh/OTA3_MWI4_ZDE1_Yi_Mv_Tnczc2ht_OUdz_WG5_DU0x1_MWFh_ ZEU1em_RL.png

.. though if you watch GoT, you have to go a long way to beat Lena Headey :

https://s8.postimg.org/8wtuabd39/Ur0xc_LU.jpg

rigger67
06-04-2017, 10:25
Anyway .. what are the women like in Sussex ??
My mate married one and she's a cracker in every possible way - beautiful inside and out - but then she's half-Danish so it might not be all about the local down there ;)

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 10:31
Not my type, though. Too hard-faced, not cute looking enough.

Marco.

This cute enough? :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2m6u8op.jpg

struth
06-04-2017, 10:34
Yuk... baby doll porcelain face

Marco
06-04-2017, 10:39
This cute enough? :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2m6u8op.jpg

Lol - nope... You're normally good at this, too! Think more 'innocent girl next door' look - petite and brunette, between 25-35, max! ;)

Oh, and not plastered with make-up or anything else that looks false! :spew:

Marco.

struth
06-04-2017, 10:43
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170406/3e0816cff876452a97f3db406051163c.jpg

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 10:47
Lol - nope... You're normally good at this, too! Think more 'innocent girl next door' look - and brunette, between 25-35, max! ;)

Marco.

OK.

Amelia Warner maybe?

http://i68.tinypic.com/209ocwz.jpg

walpurgis
06-04-2017, 10:52

Looks too much like my missus when she was younger.

Marco
06-04-2017, 10:59
OK.

Amelia Warner maybe?

http://i68.tinypic.com/209ocwz.jpg

Bingo! (Although I still prefer my wife) :)

Marco.

Marco
06-04-2017, 11:00

Way too skinny, mate (verging on anorexic)! Nah, gotta have some girly curves, but not fat...

Marco.

struth
06-04-2017, 11:23
Dont think she eats much. Lives on coffee i believe. Wouldnt cast her out though;)

Pharos
06-04-2017, 13:51
My experience of Sussex women has not been good, there being a preponderance of bat winged fatties by 30, who often exhibit chavvy character. If you do not conform to their chasing invitations, they label you as gay, or worse still, in my case a paedophile.

Remember Al Stuart; "She walks like Greta Garbo and talks like Yogi Bear."

Or Dylan, and I'm thinking in marriage; "All for a moment's glory, while his back is being whipped"

I am amazed at how so many women can allow themselves to just run to rack and ruin after marriage or childbirth.
Nothing wrong with slender girls, stimulation in the right places always can improve things curve wise.

rigger67
06-04-2017, 14:42
My experience of Sussex women has not been good, there being a preponderance of bat winged fatties by 30

Quote Of The Week :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am amazed at how so many women can allow themselves to just run to rack and ruin after marriage or childbirth.
Nothing wrong with slender girls, stimulation in the right places always can improve things curve wise.

But blokes are the same.
I think it comes back to that whole thing about needing to be in a relationship to have any kind of self-esteem.
I think that's so sad : they key word in that statement is "self" and personally I think it's an insult to the other person if you let yourself go.

Just think about all the couples you know for a moment.
Let's say you know ten couples well.
How many of them look good when they go out ?
I mean proper head-turners.
Does the man look cool, fit and sharp ?
Does the woman look good enough to eat ?
I'm guessing one or two couples at most once you get to the mid-forties and beyond .. in .. and here's the key to it all .. in the UK.

I think as a nation we're just slobs and having been sliding downhill into the fridge for the last thirty years.
It's tied up with the rise in home entertainment (Sky and TV on demand, surround sound, etc rather than music), the rise in the price of alcohol in bars and restaurants, the decline of the pub and the internet driving all the above - which you can order online for delivery to your home along with the Friday and Saturday night take-aways.

We're a nation of fat fucks. End of.

I remember trying to get a mate to give online dating a go about five years ago. He was early fifties at the time, lots of lines on his face - he's a smoker - but a full head of hair and a face of real character. He's a lovely bloke, really chatty and intelligent but he has low self-esteem because he's a mechanic and believes other people think he's a dumb grease monkey. It's not true at all, but he's nervous when he meets new people and tries a bit too hard, you know ?
Once he gets to know them, he's fine, but it's that initial stumbling block .. that and the fact that he point-blank refused once he saw some of the women on the sites that were around his age :doh:

I've dated a lot of foreign women because I love finding out about different cultures, enjoy languages and find them sexier than English girls generally.
They look after themselves better, have better manners, don't dress twenty years younger than they should and have a sense of style that you just don't get from the bat-winged fatties. It's hard to look good with a silk scarf here and a dab of No.5 there when all the fella can see is the a stretched angel tattoo on your arm, which by now is bigger than his ..

Pharos
06-04-2017, 21:27
I would extend the decline to 40 years, and cite many factors which have marked it, and I risk being defined as an old grump, but never the less, a major rant.

The BBC has declined enormously from an icon of design, especially in loudspeakers - it had the world at its feet in about '70, and its programmes which were then world leading also, are now so dumbed down, even to the point of being of kindergarten standard.

They also manage to employ people who; cannot speak properly or clearly, cannot mix sound well enough, the music often loud enough to mask the narrative as well as being obviously from a broad band source compared with the speech quality, which exhibits proximity effects, and people who are self important and patronising when they depict the banal content.

This has to at least subliminally affect all of us by daily intake, and it is then adopted subconsciously as the new norm.

I also contend that academia is dumbed down, (50% of the population to get a degree, from 3% 50 years ago), defines a shift in the peak of the distribution curve. Researchers also do not test thoroughly enough because they are chasing early publishing in order to get another research grant.

We have been through a period of chav rule 15 or so years ago, with mass drinking and drug taking in a culture of hedonistic abandon of concern for others. Now the hipsters are on the rise, and apparently drinking and smoking are rejected by the young, perhaps some good here.

But there remains a major change in the morality of our society,; I have never experienced so much dishonesty by so many, and in all stratas of society. I have won 18 of 19 legal cases which I have instigated in the last 40 years, many against corporations, and I also have to keep an eye on more personal interactions.

There have been numerous exposees of dishonesty reported on the media, members of the latter part of the last Conservative government being involved in many scandals, followed by Blair who seemed to have little allegiance to socialism.

We have seen numerous pension collapses, each followed by the announcement of another scheme to cover the situation properly, and which also then collapsed. Many corruption prosecutions have been announced only this week.

This zeitgeist is enough to cause even the strongest of people to become resigned, and has resulted in attitudes expressed by 'go with the flow'. (I was described in the 80s by a bank manager as "A lone voice in the wilderness")

We are getting fatter, partly because under stress eating is one main survival response. ('Army on its stomach'), and more by our neurotic response to the external environment. So we all sit in our little concrete boxes, 'emancipated' with our toys and personal cinema, watching what to me is crap 'culture', and in high resolution, able to see blackheads clearly.

There is to me nothing even comparable to that which so inspired me in my 20s being produced currently, partly because the awful truth is something many are trying to avoid, rather than absorb statements about. So they opt for fags, booze, and pizzas and crap escapism Hollywood films.

Now we have the spectacle of major political upset and instability to add the 'perfect storm' mix, and we will see our standard of living ebb away gradually and solidly for years I suspect.

I also suspect that the socialisations of the 70s, (remember Abigail's Party?) are long gone, partly for financial reasons, but also because of increased alienation. Pubs are shutting down and people are getting pissed at home more cheaply, especially in my age group.

You may think that I am depressed, well I am saddened because I never wanted wealth or fame, just good relations with people, genuine friends, and an improvement to the society which was rebelled against in the 60s and 70s, and this has been largely taken away from me by these societal changes.

struth
06-04-2017, 21:35
if you had my life you'd wish you were back living your own :lol: The grass often seems greener, but quite often it isn't, its just paint and paper.

Pharos
07-04-2017, 09:24
None of us really knows what it is like to be in another's life.

What we see in their expressions is composed of (an often repressed or overidden) repose expression which reveals more of the true self, but more often the persona, which is a construction with which we address and deal with the world.

Very surprising reveals are to be found sometimes in the former, when people are off guard.

One of the great poets stated, and it was echoed by P. Fl. that the English live in quiet desperation.

dantheman91
08-04-2017, 14:30
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in on this thread i have a possible favour to ask - I can buy a pair of Spares or repair Ditton 15 XR's and was wondering would anyone on this would like to pop to Brighton to collect them for me? Their £20 - one of the ABR has been destroyed - are these the same as the early 15's as theirs a pair on eBay i might be able to buy just one off - they would also need to be bought to bournemouth of course - possible fuel cover cost too?

walpurgis
08-04-2017, 14:53
The ABR on the early model is different. There are two options if you do buy them. Wait until the correct ABR turns up. Or, remove both and blank off the openings, using a reflex port of suitable dimensions in the blank. Dead easy and it'll work. An ABR does basically the same job as a port.

karma67
08-04-2017, 15:26
possible fuel costs! id say thats a given lol.

dantheman91
08-04-2017, 19:53
possible fuel costs! id say thats a given lol.

Could you Help?

karma67
09-04-2017, 08:33
sorry dan,too far for me.

rigger67
09-04-2017, 09:14
Dan, it's not that far.
Just make a day of it on the weekend.
Set off nice and early from Bournemouth and you could be there in two hours.
I've got a mate who lives in Lewes - the other side of Brighton - and I've driven back in 1hr 10m before.
If you leave about 7am on a Saturday or Sunday there'll be next to no traffic and you can zoom across the south coast. Drop the missus off for some boutique shopping in The Lanes, go pick up your stuff, meet for a seafront fish and chips lunch, get assaulted by dog-sized gulls, run for cover, jump in the car and head home for final score :D

Dynamics
17-04-2017, 18:14
Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out :) I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.

Hi rick, let me know if you are still interested in meeting up. I'm akways interested just in meeting people very local, who are into hi fi. Simon

Z-A
14-06-2017, 14:04
Hello Simon,

I am just near Haywards Heath if you would like to visit you are welcome.. What music do you like though?

Best Regards, Paul

walpurgis
14-06-2017, 14:16
Simon is banned Paul.

Z-A
14-06-2017, 14:38
Thank you for pointing that out Geoff..

It was not an exclusive offer if others are local, always welcome..