PDA

View Full Version : Someone to fit Paul Hynes SR7 external psu and Triple Stage Regulator Modules

RobbieGong
11-03-2017, 16:16
Spoke to Paul yesterday and these should be with me in a week or two.

So, I'm after someone competent, a tech who will be willing to fit and install for me
and of course I'll pay for the privilege ;)

I'm in the London area but happy to travel 50 or so miles out if need be.

Alternatively I can pay someones train fare or petrol on top of install fee to come and do the job at my place :)

BTW - I dont think Paul supplies instructions but i know there are some who have done this already.

Bless
Rob

dimkasta
11-03-2017, 17:24
Paul has made a post with detailed instructions somewhere in this area of the forum. Just search for it.

Wakefield Turntables
11-03-2017, 17:45
DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE WHEN I TRIED TO INSTALL THESE! Read my thread, I made a real balls up. Only install if your competent.

struth
11-03-2017, 17:48
Hence he,s asking for a competent fitter.

RobbieGong
11-03-2017, 18:08
Hence he,s asking for a competent fitter.

Exactly Grant,

Dimitris is probably happy and confident messing with electrical componentry, I know my limitations and the risks thereof.

I've been around the forum too many years and have the experience to know what I can do and what best to leave to someone properly competent,
this is one of those moments :)

Btw Andy, I remember your 'unfortunate incident' all too well ;)

dimkasta
11-03-2017, 19:20
Sorry if it seemed like a suggestion to do it yourself.
I just posted because at the end of your initial post you seemed to be looking for the instructions (to give to your installer or something)
:)

Wakefield Turntables
11-03-2017, 19:39
Btw Andy, I remember your 'unfortunate incident' all too well ;)

I think I provided a few giggles that day Rob to the other forum members !!!!

RobbieGong
11-03-2017, 20:45
Sorry if it seemed like a suggestion to do it yourself.
I just posted because at the end of your initial post you seemed to be looking for the instructions (to give to your installer or something)
:)

No worries Dimitris, I mentioned that for info only as I felt it likely someone might ask or expect it would come with some.

RobbieGong
11-03-2017, 20:53
I think I provided a few giggles that day Rob to the other forum members !!!!

If my memory serves me right it was not a laughing matter for you or us Andy (anyone finding that funny would have to be a bit sad)
I remember thinking 'Oh no!' more than anything else.
Was glad you got it sorted in the end :)

RobbieGong
12-03-2017, 18:08
BUMP ! :rolleyes:

mikeyb
12-03-2017, 18:52
Yeah tricky to fit with no instructions and the info on the Techiepedia section is incorrect/vague for the latest regs, we managed to blow them during fitting mine, thankfully Paul helped out with replacements pretty quickly, I'm just trying to find time to have them fitted.

I think full instructions SHOULD be sent with these to avoid disasters. The photos on Techiepedia don't really show it properly.

There is no way I would have managed to do it myself and even with expert help we got it wrong, although Paul did say to give him a call if we got stuck, we didn't think we had so carried on...... Oops!

Fitting the external PH7 was easy though, I managed to do all the removal of the old PSU bits and my daughter's boyfriend did the soldering of just the two wires needed.

RobbieGong
12-03-2017, 19:10
Yeah, I've done every upgrade on my Techie myself including MN bearing, MN bearing baseplate, previous external psu etc etc but I'm not gonna mess with the triple stage regs.

CableMaker1
24-03-2017, 17:19
I've done this myself with my TT. Working with small parts is no joke with the regulators. Luckily I have some decent (not perfect) equipment to get the job done. Along with that is patience !!!!