PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Member

Statetrooper99
21-02-2017, 22:03
Hi, looking to add a turntable to my system. Live in North Yorkshire

struth
21-02-2017, 22:55
Hi David. Whats your system at moment then? You an old time disc spinner or completely new to it?

Statetrooper99
21-02-2017, 23:42
Hi Grant, I have a Technics 1210 Mk2 with a AT95E connected to a Roksan Kandy amp and ATC speakers. I have a multi-room sonos setup connected to my file server for daily use. Looking for a second TT with some character and a change.

Regards David

struth
21-02-2017, 23:49
Ah, ok I get it now.:) If you want options you can open a thread somewhere for suggestions. Analogue probably best. if you know roughly what you want you could open a wtd ad in Private Exhibitions. May well be some available to suit; if youve not looked then do so. You will need a few more posts before you will be able to use the message system though. need about 5 if memory serves.

walpurgis
22-02-2017, 09:52
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and what other plans you may have for your system, apart from the turntable.

The obvious alternative choices of record spinner could be Rega or Thorens, for instance. A TD160 could make a nice contrast to the 1210 Mk.II.

Anyway, take a look around the site, there's a lot going on and feel free to join in.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.