PDA

View Full Version : Beresford Bush master

tim1750
21-02-2017, 08:45
I done a small mod to my Beresford Bushmaster by changing the firmware chip on the recommendation from Stan and man you talk about made a difference on coaxial was good but on optical cable it knocked my head off I never thought that a simple change as that would make such an improvement but it did so Cheers Stan,nice one mate.
And all under £20.00
Happy listening

MarginWalker
21-02-2017, 14:20
Is yours a mark 1 or 2? I have a mark 2 and would be interested in this upgrade if it makes as big a differnce as you suggest. Was it easy to fit?

tim1750
21-02-2017, 14:49
Is yours a mark 1 or 2? I have a mark 2 and would be interested in this upgrade if it makes as big a differnce as you suggest. Was it easy to fit?
Hi Mine is the mark 1 Bushmaster and it's a very easy change over on the firmware chip here is a link to help you take out and install the new chip, it only took me 5 mins to change but I would check with Stan to see if your unit has the new chip installed.
Hope this helps.

http://www.beresford.me/S/sfw1.htm

StanleyB
21-02-2017, 17:46
There are two mods for the DACs. One is just a firmware, and the other is a firmware plus a few parts. I personally recommend good soldering skills to change those parts that need soldering. See my technical website for more info. The firmware plus parts upgrade is worth the effort. The firmware only upgrade is considered excellent by many, and at about £20 with a money back guarantee you don't have to worry if it is snake oil or not.
I noticed that a couple of other DAC designers have caught on to this kind of upgrade potential after seeing me doing it. But as far as I am aware none of them offer a money back guarantee.

tim1750
21-02-2017, 19:50
Great, Thanks for the info Stan.

Gazjam
23-02-2017, 22:04
Stans the Man.
Known the guy for a long number of years and this man's the real deal.
He looks after his Customers, even a long time after you buy.

It matters that your getting the best sound for what you spend to him....genuinely.
Stan's genuinely one of the guys that gets his own personal feedback from happy Customers, not from the bottom line.

wee tee cee
24-02-2017, 17:31
Bang for buck Stans gear gives us with "champagne mouths but lemonade pockets" are real taste of the good stuff but at reasonable money.