PDA

View Full Version : Hello from 'the little audio company' in Birmingham, UK!

the little audio company
19-02-2017, 11:16
I'm David (davidf on most forums), and after 26 years in the hi-fi industry I decided to open up my own store - the little audio company - in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter at the beginning of January. I'm in the process of gathering the right brands for what I want to do, which isn't box shifting, and isn't ultra high end. Personally, I want to be able to offer people the chance to audition and purchase alternative products they won't see anywhere else locally. But I suppose it'll grow into whatever it wants to be naturally...

My main interests are music and movies, enjoying many genres of both, and attending live gigs too.

My main source is an Innuos ZENith II ripper/streamer where all my CDs, hi-res digital files, and even the odd MP3 from vinyl purchases are stored. My Oppo BDP103 not only provides Bluray and DVD playback, but also the odd DVD-A and SACD, which are fed digital into my pre-amp. Amplification is a Classe Sigma SSP pre/processor and Rotel RMB1575 multi-channel power amplifier. An SVS SB2000 subwoofer backs up three Jim Rogers JR149 loudspeakers in a 3.1 configuration. All AudioQuest cabling. I also use a Sonos ZP90 (soon to become a Bluesound Node II) for Napster/Spotify/TIDAL streaming as well as internet radio usage. I'm currently enjoying (seemingly controversially) MQA. I don't currently have a turntable.

struth
19-02-2017, 11:31
Hi David and welcome. Sounds like an exciting time for you, and good luck with it. Many businesses have trade account here, and you shall require one. Marco is the owner and will no doubt be in touch.

Spectral Morn
19-02-2017, 11:36
Welcome to AoS David

walpurgis
19-02-2017, 11:42
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Your business sounds interesting. Do you have a website?

Are you concentrating on new stock items or will there be second hand as well? Vintage and good used Hi-Fi are popular here.

Hope this site is of help to you.
Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
19-02-2017, 12:08
Welcome.

Here you go Geoff.

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/

the little audio company
19-02-2017, 12:50
Hi David and welcome. Sounds like an exciting time for you, and good luck with it. Many businesses have trade account here, and you shall require one. Marco is the owner and will no doubt be in touch.Thanks :)

For some reason the site wasn't allowing me to contact a mod to sort out trade account. Marco has been in touch though, and all is being sorted as we speak.

the little audio company
19-02-2017, 12:51
Welcome to AoS David

Thanks Neil.

the little audio company
19-02-2017, 12:52
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Your business sounds interesting. Do you have a website?

Are you concentrating on new stock items or will there be second hand as well? Vintage and good used Hi-Fi are popular here.

Hope this site is of help to you.
Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Thanks Geoff - as per Puffin's post regarding website - thanks Puffin :)

I don't have any used equipment yet, but I will accept trade ins, so if there is anything, I'll be certain to post it up here.

hifinutt
19-02-2017, 18:46
brilliant . wonderful to have you on AOS david .

hifinutt
19-02-2017, 18:47
ps. perhaps you`ll be able to explain what all this stuff about MQA is in English !!!!:scratch:

the little audio company
19-02-2017, 23:14
brilliant . wonderful to have you on AOS david .Thanks!

ps. perhaps you`ll be able to explain what all this stuff about MQA is in English !!!!:scratch:Not really! I'm just using my ears to form my own opinions :)

HackneyRF
20-02-2017, 10:17
Welcome David

Looks interesting. Good luck with your new venture. Will look it up next time I'm in Brum.

ATB

Loz

the little audio company
20-02-2017, 10:41
Thank you Loz - it's a modest start, but a start is a start! Just hoping it can reach the next phase...

Ali Tait
20-02-2017, 11:47
ps. perhaps you`ll be able to explain what all this stuff about MQA is in English !!!!:scratch:

Here's a fairly non techy explanation-

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-mqa-meridian-s-digital-audio-format-explained

Ali Tait
20-02-2017, 11:51
It is a wee bit out of date though, as Tidal are now streaming MQA.