PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dublin

HearWax
17-02-2017, 08:30
Hi Everyone,

I've been directed here via Web search a few times for a few things hifi related and got some great information. What a learned and helpful bunch you are.

My name is John and I have a humble rig I acquired in the early 90's, starting with set of 2nd hand JPW AP2 to squeeze more from a pioneer midi, which got replaced by a NAD 302 amp soon after coupled to a NAD 522 Cd
amp and speakers spent years serving small house parties and had been regularly connected up to mixer and a set of KAMs or 1210 mk2 for mixing rekids. I more recently added a SL-6 TT partly and unbeknownst in thanks to some folk here. I had to give back the 1210s as were on loan from a good friend. A fine TT the 1210 mk2 and I'd like to own a set again sometime

I love all kinds of music from abstract to mainstream and with alot of electronic music in my collection. country boy went rock based to go very heavy dark thrash to discover indie and dance, folksy bluesy jazzy and reggae stuff later years but now it's mostly electronica. Throw in some Tony Bennett too.

I only really get to listen to music properly on occasion having to do most of it on the commute to work. Technically I'm fairly inert but learning.

It's nice to get an opportunity to introduce myself and thanks to all for creating such a fine forum thus far.
Best Regards
John

Sherwood
17-02-2017, 09:01
What part of Dublin? My family are from Terenure!

Geoff

walpurgis
17-02-2017, 09:58
Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot going on here and you'll find info on every aspect of Hi-Fi.

Tell us if you have any plans for your system.

Get stuck in and have a chat with folks here. It's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

HearWax
17-02-2017, 11:24
What part of Dublin? My family are from Terenure!

Geoff

I'm in Dublin 1 at the moment, IFSC area near the Liffey, am living in the commutor belt- Leixlip to be exact. I lived in Terenure when I first moved to Dublin. Nice folk in around that area.

Sherwood
17-02-2017, 12:10
I'm in Dublin 1 at the moment, IFSC area near the Liffey, am living in the commutor belt- Leixlip to be exact. I lived in Terenure when I first moved to Dublin. Nice folk in around that area.

My grandfather used to work at McKenna Distributors on Aston Quay.

Spectral Morn
17-02-2017, 15:45
Welcome to AoS John :cool:

Burner
21-02-2017, 02:10
Welcome John!

Regards from Kerry ;)

simon e
21-02-2017, 14:34
Welcome John, from a blowin north sider

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Puffin
22-02-2017, 09:59
Hi John, nice introduction. I had my HearWax removed a few weeks ago, it's a good hifi up-grade for nowt. Rob.