PDA

View Full Version : Buying Bjork

webby
29-12-2009, 23:37
I know there are a few Bjork fans here. I've been thinking about delving a bit deeper into her catalogue. I have Debut and Post but didn't know whether to get the Greatest Hits cd next and go from there or would I be better off with one of the other albums?

Rare Bird
30-12-2009, 00:10
Homogenic is her best album...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homogenic-Bj%C3%B6rk/dp/B000024U5B/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262131793&sr=1-4

Noticed some samples at the botty for you..

The Grand Wazoo
30-12-2009, 00:19
Not sure this is the correct place to discuss sampling Bjork's botty!

Lee, get yourself some of the Sugarcubes albums.

DanJennings
03-01-2010, 17:10
Andre is right, get homogenic.... it is my favourite of her albums too, and it is also the one directly after Post.

Since you have the first two albums already, it is probably wise to buy chronologically, because she really does progress, and going from Post straight to say, Medulla or Volta, would probably be quite jarring and confusing.

and yes, Chris is quite right too, the Sugarcubes are worth a try. Not every Bjork fan's cup of tea though by any means.

you'll need the greatest hits eventually though, because it has the infinitely superior remix of 'All Is Full Of Love' (as well as Amphibian from the Being John Malkovich soundtrack, and 'It's In Our Hands')

chris@panteg
10-01-2010, 01:06
I recently bought the greatest hits on 180gm double vinyl , good compilation !