PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Quad of 300b low hours or unused

flapland
12-02-2017, 10:04
I am looking for four 300b's for my WAD 300b PP amp. New or lowish hours standard EH, PSVane or JJ's as can't afford the posher stuff unless amazingly cheap.

I am going to the Audio Jumble next Sunday if that helps make a deal or if anyone knows of traders who might have 300b's who I could contact in advance.

Thanks folks

Paul

farflungstar
12-02-2017, 10:14
If you're on a budget I'd recommend Psvane HiFi series over EH but it's just my opinion.
Adey

In perpetual pursuit.

lordmortlock
12-02-2017, 10:32
Ever tried the genelex gold lions Paul? It's where I'll go next I think, affordable at hot rox and they review really well

http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/triode-roundup-seven-common-man-300b-tubes-compared/

flapland
12-02-2017, 11:29
Thanks guys, if I have to buy from a store will consider PSVane as I have had success with them and also Genelex if I can find a good price. However Genelex are around £40 more each than PSVane's can be had for and close to the £249 a pair I can get Black Treasure's for in the UK.

Hopping someone has a set sat in the cupboard unused they are willing to sell.

farflungstar
12-02-2017, 11:36
I cannot recommend the black Treasure 300b enough - im very happy with them and if I upgrade it will be ELROG but the BT are superb tubes.

Adey

In perpetual pursuit.

flapland
12-02-2017, 11:45
I agree the Black Treasures are very good and I have a pair in my 300b SET amp.

Lets see what pops up on this and a couple of enquires elsewhere and if nothing I might just save a bit longer and go with the Black Treasures.