PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Schiit Mani

Dawg
11-02-2017, 17:43
Hi, I am getting a bit impatient waiting for the new Schiit's to ship, (I dont own a phono stage!) so I am willing to pay a little over the cost they are listed now plus post.

Alan

struth
11-02-2017, 17:49
Had one of those before the one i have now. Very decent stage, and dont, alas for you come up often. Floydroid i think has one now. Amazon usa, had my emotiva one in stock last time i looked. About same price and imo better.

Dawg
11-02-2017, 17:58
Had one of those before the one i have now. Very decent stage, and dont, alas for you come up often. Floydroid i think has one now. Amazon usa, had my emotiva one in stock last time i looked. About same price and imo better.

Thanks for that nudge struth, Im going to have a look at that right now!

struth
11-02-2017, 18:06
Its just gone up in price... had to happen, although its still good value imo

https://www.amazon.com/Emotiva-Audio-XPS-1-Phono-Preamp/dp/B00PMCIYK4/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1486836324&sr=1-4&keywords=Emotiva

Dawg
11-02-2017, 18:08
Cheers, yeah i added it to my cart and its free post to uk so i dont think thats too bad, will have a read up before i pull the trigger. Thanks for such a quick reply!

struth
11-02-2017, 18:11
There is a post and customs charge but u pat that on ordering then it comes in a week or so. Decent smps with it. Its the best ive used including expensive ones

Dawg
11-02-2017, 18:17
There is a post and customs charge but u pat that on ordering then it comes in a week or so. Decent smps with it. Its the best ive used including expensive ones

Oh yeah £184 with customs, hate those charges! Have you tried The MF V90LPS? I have just read a comparison between that and the Emotiva, the guy bought the V90 and replaced his Emotiva.

struth
11-02-2017, 18:22
No accounting for taste :D. Im saying nothing agin the v90, but its not a patch on it imo. The schiit is much better than it as well. Good thing about emotiva is apart from build quality, the mc is adjustable with switches so works with anything. An improvement later can be to run it from a battery or a linear supply(12v) so easy to match it up.

Dawg
11-02-2017, 18:37
Many thanks struth, I will give that some thought, hard to make a decision when you see one guy panning and one guy praising! lol.

struth
11-02-2017, 19:03
Many thanks struth, I will give that some thought, hard to make a decision when you see one guy panning and one guy praising! lol.

Hey, no bother, its your money:). Just trying to help

Dawg
11-02-2017, 19:06
Much appreciated Grant.

ianlenco
11-02-2017, 19:41
To chip in for the Emotiva, I have the Emotiva XPS-1 pre amp with built in phono stage and I presume there are similarities with the stand alone phono stage. I've got rid of my standalone phonos, so impressed am I with the Emotiva.

struth
11-02-2017, 19:44
To chip in for the Emotiva, I have the Emotiva XPS-1 pre amp with built in phono stage and I presume there are similarities with the stand alone phono stage. I've got rid of my standalone phonos, so impressed am I with the Emotiva.

xps-1 is the stand alone one

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/717NM9IfDWL._SL1500_.jpg

yes emotiva make some seriously good and expensive kit. This one is a steal really, and was more so when I got it... £ to the $ was better then too.

Take it this is your one

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81nMShLg%2BVL._SX522_.jpg

Ash_R
11-02-2017, 20:37
Do Beresford do a phono amp?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Arkless Electronics
11-02-2017, 20:59
I do. The Arkless 640P. Works out about £300 including a donor second hand Cambridge Audio 640P or 651P. Google for reviews or search here on AOS ;)

ianlenco
11-02-2017, 21:51
Grant - yes that's my pre - XPS, XSP - silly they should name them so similar so idiots like me mix them up :scratch: I was lucky, I picked it up on ebay, already imported.

Ash_R
11-02-2017, 23:34
Thanks Jez @ Arkless but that is too much for my budget. The reason I asked if Beresford did was because I am considering selling my Schiit kit for the Beresford stuff and like the idea of matching components. My Schiit kit also consists of a Mani Phono amp that the OP was after

Dawg
11-02-2017, 23:45
Thanks Jez @ Arkless but that is too much for my budget. The reason I asked if Beresford did was because I am considering selling my Schiit kit for the Beresford stuff and like the idea of matching components. My Schiit kit also consists of a Mani Phono amp that the OP was after

Please let me know asap Ash, I just asked firebottle how much his basic model was, I've also found a 651p in stock at my local richer sounds for £79. So I'm between the firebottle, Arkless and Schiit Mani! Richer sounds are open tommorow too!

Ash_R
11-02-2017, 23:54
I need to hear from Stanley regarding the Beresford.... If you are in a rush Alan, it may be a good idea to press on.
The upside of you getting the Cambridge is that you have the Arkless upgrade option open to you

Dawg
12-02-2017, 00:11
I need to hear from Stanley regarding the Beresford.... If you are in a rush Alan, it may be a good idea to press on.
The upside of you getting the Cambridge is that you have the Arkless upgrade option open to you

I will hang on Ash, I would be happy with the schiit but I know I will HAVE to upgrade the 651. I might get tempted to the darkside of the firebottle though. If I get offered a Schiit I'm out. Lol.

Dawg
13-02-2017, 07:56
Thanks again to everyone for your help and advice, and a big thanks to Ash for selling me his Mani!