PDA

View Full Version : FS: Antique Sound Labs Integrated Valve Amp

Sherwood
10-02-2017, 17:46
Having seen Firebottle's recent posting on his EL84 project, I thought that I would see if there is any interest in this. It is an integrated valve amplifier from Antique Sound Labs, the MG-PIQ5. This device uses 4 EL84/6BQ5 valves, 2 12AT7s and 1 12AU7.

I bought it in new Singapore where I was staying after a long term project in Bangladesh, but it went into storage after a short period of use when I started my next long term project in Northern Vietnam close to the China border. Unfortunately, when I took it out of storage I could not find the original valves, so I have recently bought a new set of matched quads. It is extremely well built and in excellent condition.

Is has the classic EL84 valve sound and is very quiet (small amount of mechanical hum, but not noticeable when music is playing). If you are looking for a dynamic amplifier with that wonderful valve presence, this is for you!

I will be sorry to see it go but I just have too many amplifiers at present and as I am expecting to go overseas again in the near future I want to minimise my storage needs.

£390. Ideally, collection from Mansfield, but I could send at cost though it is pretty heavy.

Geoff

farflungstar
10-02-2017, 19:42
Bargain.

In perpetual pursuit.

Sherwood
10-02-2017, 20:06
Looking at the pictures I should have got the feather duster out. It is in excellent, dare I say, as new condition.

I have the detailed user manual too!

Geoff