PDA

View Full Version : Hi all sound entousiasts!

jehojakim
09-02-2017, 19:54
To be honest, I've been off the hifi stage for quite some time, due to time restraints and a new kid on our block, leaving no room for my speakers and hence other good stuff.

But we moved, and I'm near retiring, so there is room for a restart.First thing, we'll build a room above our garage, which will be my study- and listening room.

My system consists of a Thorens 128 Mk III turntable, with SME 3009 Mk III arm and Grado element; Johan Ketelaar pre-amp and Phase Linear 400 model two main amp. A TEAC VRDS-10 reads my CD's, and a pair of Rogers Monitor transmission lines (home build, from REMO in Voorburg) move the air molecules.

Though I do have some pop music (rather outdated, Focus, Soft Machine, Yes, Pink Floyd etc.) and a little jazz, my main interest lies in classical music. Piano, vocal, brass, organ, but also other work from Bach to Rachmaninov

At the moment I'm fiddling on the other end of the hifi-spectrum, trying to get a decent sound off a Raspberry PI3 with a DAC connected to it. My first real question will be about that...

Light Dependant Resistor
09-02-2017, 20:09
Hi Jogchum
Welcome to the forum. you have a really nice combination of equipment there.
There are many interesting areas on the forum, so check them all out.

Interesting times for you with setting up a new room. ( often called a man cave here )

Cheers / Chris

walpurgis
09-02-2017, 21:38
Hello Jogchum. Welcome to AOS.

You have an interesting selection of Hi-Fi gear.

I'm sure somebody can give you advice on the Raspbery Pi. Try starting a thread in the Digital Expressions section and asking your questions.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
09-02-2017, 23:22
Hi Jogchum; hope you enjoy the forum... I liked Focus too...great band

Spectral Morn
09-02-2017, 23:29
Welcome to AoS Jogchum. Nothing outdated in Focus, seen them live three times fairly recently and they are still very relevant today.

alphaGT
09-02-2017, 23:43
Hello Jogchum, so nice to be able to build your listening space! Over the garage should be quite roomy? And a Phase Linear 400! Now that takes me back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry
10-02-2017, 16:50
Welcome to AoS Jogchum,

Enjoy the Forum
Barry