PDA

View Full Version : Wanted mains cable

Anthony K
07-02-2017, 23:25
Desperately need high end mains cable
What do you have? And how much?

Lawrence001
08-02-2017, 09:02
Whats high end? I've got a chord thats now too short for my set up since I put the mains conditioner out of the way of the little un.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

Anthony K
08-02-2017, 13:31
is it purple?

I am looking @ the £3-500 bracket

but a cheaper stand in will do as I have not played music for a few weeks now after selling off cables

Lawrence001
08-02-2017, 13:46
No it's blue I think it's a chord I'll check later. Its in the £3-50 bracket!

Lawrence001
08-02-2017, 13:49
I mean s/h, it was £65 new. I think its a 1m superscreen.

Anthony K
08-02-2017, 17:29
hi thanks for the offer but looking for a bit more

Yomanze
08-02-2017, 18:05
If you really must spend so much, then try an LFD Silicon Signature cable, which of course will come with 30 days sale or return.

Gazjam
08-02-2017, 18:23
DH Labs.

Can go higher up the chain going second hand.

Ammonite Audio
08-02-2017, 19:34
I would look out for a second hand VertexAQ Roraima mains cable - the absorption box can be a tad awkward to locate unless the wire parts are long enough, but the VertexAQ acoustic absorption technology really does work, bringing genuine musical benefits. I've tried a variety of other cables at a number of price points and none compare to a standard Roraima, let alone the silver or HiRez versions.

Kneesup
09-02-2017, 22:20
Anthony K knows his mains cables. All his cables in fact. Which is why he knows what he's doing. Anthony, buy a Audience AU24e for that money. You can then spend a bit more having it upgraded at the factory to bring it up to SE spec. Short of going Nordost Odin, you won't do better. The Vertex Hi Rez is a brilliant cable but is never available for under £1k. The VertexAQ Silver has very limited successful applications in my experience while the standard Roriama is really pretty good especially at used prices from around £200. But like all these things, it all depends on ... so many other things. I use all these cables in my rig and am super-familiar with all their characteristics. They are all quite different.

Anthony K
09-02-2017, 22:59
Hello Richard
I recently sold my Nordost Tyr2 and Lessloss signature both in the same week.
I am only holding a Jps Labs Kaptivator. Stepped up my interconnects to WireWorld platinum eclipse 7.
Will be picking up a WireWorld silver elektra 7 powercord end of this month.
I have been through a load of cables in the last 2 years. I have never had experience with audience , will definitely look out for 1. Don't suppose your selling one? Or have 1 for loan? Looking for cable to power conditioner , isotek g2.

Kneesup
10-02-2017, 23:02
Hi Anthony. I'm sorry but I haven't got any loaners at the moment but will have some Audience available in a month or so. For loan that is. They come up so rarely. I want to keep a spare in case I ever go to Monoblocks. Right now I use a single stereo SS amp... This power cable business fascinates me. Amazingly, the most sensitive area for me is between the wall socket and my Balanced power supply. I actually use a Nordost QX4 in that line, which does wonderful things in my rig (there are plenty who don't think they do anything, but by 'eck it sure does in mine). But only with the right power cables. Oddly, between the QX4 and the Vertex Balanced Taga the cable of choice for me is a (relatively) inexpensive TCI Boa Constrictor 2 (much better than the 1). £250 will buy you one of those. Anything posher is too revealing for me, and a I lose the depth and richness of bass that the TCI is so good at. Good to compare notes. Best, Richard

Ninanina
10-02-2017, 23:22
I can highly recommend Mark Grant mains cables, like this one:

https://markgrant.co.uk/mains-power/82-mark-grant-dsp-25-dual-screened-power-cable-silver-plated.html

And not a silly price either

MikeMusic
11-02-2017, 11:19
I have an MCRU Ultimate that would suit.
Great cable.

Anthony K
11-02-2017, 12:33
I had a boa constrictor from wall to isotek and found the bass was too much for me , sold on this very forum.but yes it did bring serious depth and the dynamic attack was kind of awesome..It would be interesting to hear again as the 2 other cables used are much more revealing.
Still would be interested to get hold of the audience for audition.

Anthony K
11-02-2017, 15:39
anyone else selling?

Anthony K
12-02-2017, 11:28
WireWorld would be much appreciated also

Kneesup
12-02-2017, 11:32
Anthony. Drop a PM to SnoopDog. I think he is on here and the Wam. He is about to do a power cable swop and has extremely good kit, including top-line Wire World, methinks.

Jimbo
12-02-2017, 13:23
I have an MCRU Ultimate that would suit.
Great cable.

I have just ordered another MCRU mains cable having used one previously for the last 3 years with my power amp. Mine is the No11 Mains cable so not in any way in the same league as yours, however I would be interested to know Mike if you upgraded the MCRU from a lesser product and what benefits you found if any?

I must say even the cheaper cables are superbly constructed and perform very well making a noticeable difference over the cheap leads supplied with my amps.

Anthony K
12-02-2017, 22:10
Thanks for the heads up Jimbo , I will drop him a message

MikeMusic
14-02-2017, 15:15
I have just ordered another MCRU mains cable having used one previously for the last 3 years with my power amp. Mine is the No11 Mains cable so not in any way in the same league as yours, however I would be interested to know Mike if you upgraded the MCRU from a lesser product and what benefits you found if any?

I must say even the cheaper cables are superbly constructed and perform very well making a noticeable difference over the cheap leads supplied with my amps.

I started out with Kimber Standard or Classic and moved on up to Kimber Signature.
Each different price level delivered more sound quality. I thought I would stick with the Signatures I had until I heard the MCRU Ultimate then I traded up again to them. Have various cables at different price levels I must sell.