PDA

View Full Version : wtd: Ruark Templar or similar

ahgee2
05-02-2017, 15:35
Looking for a pair of reasonably clean Ruark Templars or similar - compact floorstanders that have a sweet treble, decent bass extension and are easy to drive with a low power amp. Very happy with my stand-mounted Ruark Icons but looking for a little more bass at low/moderate volumes. Any suggestions also welcome - thanks!

martian sunrise
05-02-2017, 15:39
I have some Cura CA21, that might fit your bill. They do alright with a little amptastic.

Audio Al
05-02-2017, 15:59
I have a nice pair of Ruark Templer two , I think they sound very good , Your for a mere £250 ;) Firm

Can post photos and do a demo if you are interested , I WONT be packing these for a courier as the risk of damage is to great

Cabinets mint , grills mint , couple of marks on the fronts don't really show up

M11 short trip 1 hour ish

ahgee2
05-02-2017, 17:09
Thanks both, will be in touch by PM. In the meantime please keep suggestions coming, I'm learning a lot around here, hadn't heard of Curas until now!

philv
05-02-2017, 20:27
The kef mocel 1 in tne for sale ads.
A decent step up from tne ruarks?

ahgee2
05-02-2017, 20:53
The kef mocel 1 in tne for sale ads.
A decent step up from tne ruarks?

Yes I was looking at them, they certainly fit the bill in terms of size and gorgeous looks (will keep my other half happy). But I wonder how well they'll play with my Amptastic class T amp? They're rated at 4 ohms and I read somewhere they can present as low as 2 ohms at certain frequencies. But if somebody more knowledgeable than me can reassure me about the amp matching, I'll get in touch with Lawrence!

Bigman80
05-02-2017, 21:20
I'm over the moon with my Templars matey, exceptionally atmospheric which I didn't even know id been missing. I sincerely hope you find a pair. Mine cost £130 and whilst they are not mint I'm feel I've had a huge bargain.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

mfin
06-02-2017, 00:08
My suggestion is don't bother with Templars, go for Talisman 2's, can be had s/h for £200

Macca
06-02-2017, 08:57
Yes I was looking at them, they certainly fit the bill in terms of size and gorgeous looks (will keep my other half happy). But I wonder how well they'll play with my Amptastic class T amp? !

Not very well would be my guess. They are 'revealing' speakers, you will need a better amplifier if you go for them. you would probably get away with using the mini-t amp with the Templars, though. Not so sure about the Talismans.