PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Welshman living in Kent, UK

murph71
02-02-2017, 12:59
Hello;

Long time lurker and a budget sort of bloke.

I was using a Pioneer PD-8700 into a NAD 3020i and Mission 701e floorstanders. The CD player packed in so I got shot of it and have been using an iPod 5.5g (the one with the Wolfson) almost all the time for nearly the last decade with a fairly ok set of Sennheiser in-ears. Still have the NAD and Missions connected by QED Flat 200 - all blasts from the past! Completely overkill, but I was using a DPA Black Slink from the Pioneer which is in a box upstairs next to a cheaper White Slink, both of which I got via a mate who worked for them when they were based in Cardiff many moons ago.

Anyway, I've had a RPi 2B sitting in it's pack for a while and am probably going to buy the Piano / Kali / Volt setup after reading through the forums for the last few days. I'll probably be wanting a speaker upgrade at some point; maybe Freedom 752's or even Splendor S6e's from eBay but, all questions for another time.

I'm also considering modding my ipod to 500gb - ish and doing the connection from the DAC to the docking port with upgraded caps. All stuff for a rainy day.

Huge Meshuggah fan but I listen to alot of stuff from Anoushka Shankar to Handel and Shostakovich to Nevermore.

The forum seems really friendly and a wealth of info so thanks in advance for the welcome.

tldr; I'm a Welsh headbanging cheapskate that waffles a bit... :-D

Paul-H
02-02-2017, 13:18
Welcome to the forum from another Kent resident

A bit of a cheapskate myself as well and convinced that 99% perfection can be achieved on a budget, its the other 1% that costs a small fortune and sometimes not so small either.

Paul

Audio Al
02-02-2017, 13:54
Hello

Welcome

I am a boot sale hifi man :D

jollyfix
02-02-2017, 14:13
Welcome to AOS Paul, enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
02-02-2017, 18:56
Hi Paul. welcome to AOS.

Nothing wrong with being budget minded. It's all a sense of perspective and any interest in Hi-Fi is welcome here.

Yes. This is a friendly place, we make efforts to keep it so. You'll be most welcome to join in and have a chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.