PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland

Burner
30-01-2017, 19:59
Hello everyone

I've been a music fan for as long as I can remember. As a child I was visiting my neighbour often to listen on his stereo setup.
Many years ago from my first serious time job I have bought brand new Onkyo 9211 with Quadral QLX 160 as suggested by a friend of mine.
Back then I didn't know any real professionals that I could speak to and the hifi shops haven't offered listening options.

Then life took a different turn. Marriage, kids, work carrier etc and hobbies been put away. However I have found now that I miss something and decided to refresh my audio setup along with dusting off some old records.

Right now I have:
Marantz PM 6010 OSE + Marantz CD 6000 OSE
Onkyo A-9211 + Onkyo DX-7111 + Onkyo TA-6511 + Onkyo T-4211
Pioneer CT-S610
Sansui SE8
Quadral QLX 160

I will start appropriate thread where I explain further what I am looking for and what the future plans are.

From what I have already read here I can see this forum is full of like minded, knowledgeable people filled with passion.
I am looking forward to learn from you all and hopefully in time find the setup that will please me and my family for many years.

All the best!
Bartek

Spectral Morn
30-01-2017, 20:16
Welcome to AoS Bartek

walpurgis
30-01-2017, 23:10
Hi Bartek. Welcome to AOS.

Well you have a system together with some interesting choices in equipment. I don't know that Quadral model, but they are a well regarded make.

Tell us what music you like and what further plans if any you may have for your Hi-Fi.

There's plenty going on here, so feel free to join in.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Burner
31-01-2017, 11:13
Thank you @Dalek Supreme D L and @walpurgis for the welcome.

My listening spectrum is pretty wide. From The Chemical Brothers and Orbital, through Madonna, Aretha Franklin, James Mayer and Snarky Puppy to all good rock classics like Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden and AC/DC.
Good pop/rock with some jazz/funk.

I have some plans for the hifi setup and will be happy to listen to your advice and suggestions.
I will start appropriate topic in the gallery once I get my head around it ;)

tapid
31-01-2017, 13:04
Yes, welcome Bartek

Burner
31-01-2017, 16:16
Thank you @tapid. Happy to be here.