PDA

View Full Version : Castle Howard repair ??

Vinyleyes
25-12-2009, 19:26
Hello .. Is there anyone who can point me somewhere to get my Castle Howard 3 way upward firing floorstanders overhauled and repaired .. One of the speakers is working ,, kind of ! The other just crackles .. Some drivers will need replacing/reconing .. and maybe I have mangled a crossover .. Is there anybody in the North possibly who could take them on ... although I will go where necessary ..

Thank .. Brian

DSJR
25-12-2009, 20:30
Wembley Loudspeakers can re-foam driver surrounds and there's someone who may be able to re-do the coils if you do some Googling, which may have been bought in rather than hand wound by the manufacturers as some were.

If the crossover coils are ok, then caps and resistors are readily available and can be hard-wired if necessary.

Good luck..

Ali Tait
25-12-2009, 20:45
Brian,I've just remembered there's a company in Halifax I think that will recone speakers.

Rare Bird
25-12-2009, 22:16
Those 'Howards' are after the company were taken over first time, Castle used to make everything inhouse but not so after 1st take over..As you know Castle eventually closed it's doors in Skipton, it's now reformed company situated in Cambridgeshire..I'd be tempted to look at the back of the units see if they are any brand names!

One thing i would check is Castle used to fuse crossovers to protect drive units, if the 'Castek' protection is employed in these speakers it may be that one of the fuses has blown.

The Grand Wazoo
27-12-2009, 10:08
Good thinking Andre,
I had a pair of the old standmount Pembrokes for about 3 years & I had fuses go on me a couiple of times.