PDA

View Full Version : Extinction

Rare Bird
25-12-2009, 03:04
Does the term Extinction bear any meaning these days, the term is generally headed towards Ecological/Biological ..Deletion is actually the same meaning to a certain extent.

People these days keep things alive if they can, this is important IMHO. At one time the vinyl record was strewn with deletions within the artist catalogues, these deletions are now being re-desovered on CD, this is one thing i see as cash in not the best intrest of the fanatic/listerner.

Vinyl was on the brink of deletion not long after the introduction of CD, but mainly thanks to the moden dance music scence it's lasted out, so they say (i dunno why)..They say that Audiophiles are to least OF the diehards, not true IMHO...However the point i was gradually getting to, was in this day & age with the ease of digital there in not real chance of music being Extinct no matter how obscure, theirs always an earhole market..Digital can easily unearth the impossible.

Ad: a drunkard post but i think i got there, nearly :lol:

Jonboy
25-12-2009, 11:21
The die hard fans of certain groups like yourself with your enthusiasm and passion for some of the more obscure stuff will i think mean that this stuff will never become extinct and is intruduced to a new following, also with the likes of you tube where vidios are so easily accessable you can play for hours without spending a penny.
Places like Itunes link genres and like sounding stuff that is presented in a easy to navigate maner, i quite lioke to look at the tabs that say people that bought this also bought these.

This has all been made possible by digital technologie which can only get better

DSJR
25-12-2009, 14:27
Music catalogues may be deleted, but hopefully the remaining music in record companies' vaults will eventually become available somehow, especially once distributions/ownership contracts expire (hmmm) and artists get their catalogue masters back (hopefully).