PDA

View Full Version : wtd: power amp or mono-blocks

macvisual
24-01-2017, 02:36
On the search for either a stereo power amplifier or mono-block power-amps, prefer solid state but don't mind being offered valves etc. Anything older would be great, something like; John Shearne - Nad - Michell Alecto's - Luxman. I'm open to offers.....!! Something quite low powered would probably NOT suit my 88db efficient speakers. Amplifier condition not that important, but must be fully working.
Budget of around £450 ish, possibly more for something tasty/iconic. I'm in no rush to buy, must be able to post, or even better meet-up within 50 miles of Central Scotland (Stirling) would suit better!

Presently using;
A&R Arcam Alpha integrated amplifier - Audioplan Kontrast MkII floor standing speakers - 88db efficient, Acoustic Signature Challenger TT/SME V tonearm/Len Gregory MM3 moving iron cart/Kinshaw perception MM/MC phono-stage - Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp
I enjoy my music with a wide soundstage with detailed highs with dynamics and a tad punchy.

So please explore your lofts and blow the dust off any power-amp/s you may have lying doing nothing - thank you.

Regards;
Peter
Central Scotland

Wilbur
24-01-2017, 05:27
Hi Peter
Ive a pair of Rotel power amps,bridgeable,with matching pre if any use?
Fully working,nice condition,can post......

macvisual
24-01-2017, 05:55
Hi Peter
Ive a pair of Rotel power amps,bridgeable,with matching pre if any use?
Fully working,nice condition,can post......
Thanks Paul. What model are the Rotel power amps please? A pre-amp is not required thanks. I'm soon to be borrowing a Rotel Michi RHB-10 power-amp from a hi-fi friend in the near future on loan to see if it gels with my system.

Cheers;
Peter

stairpost
24-01-2017, 17:05
I have a Linn LK140, in perfect working order but cosmetically it's not A1.

£275 posted.

Pieoftheday
24-01-2017, 19:47
On the search for either a stereo power amplifier or mono-block power-amps, prefer solid state but don't mind being offered valves etc. Anything older would be great, something like; John Shearne - Nad - Michell Alecto's - Luxman. I'm open to offers.....!! Something quite low powered would probably NOT suit my 88db efficient speakers. Amplifier condition not that important, but must be fully working.
Budget of around £450 ish, possibly more for something tasty/iconic. I'm in no rush to buy, must be able to post, or even better meet-up within 50 miles of Central Scotland (Stirling) would suit better!

Presently using;
A&R Arcam Alpha integrated amplifier - Audioplan Kontrast MkII floor standing speakers - 88db efficient, Acoustic Signature Challenger TT/SME V tonearm/Len Gregory MM3 moving iron cart/Kinshaw perception MM/MC phono-stage - Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp
I enjoy my music with a wide soundstage with detailed highs with dynamics and a tad punchy.

So please explore your lofts and blow the dust off any power-amp/s you may have lying doing nothing - thank you.

Regards;
Peter
Central Scotland

I've a quad 306 on here, recently serviced by Jez arkless £200 delivered:) edit, sold

Macca
24-01-2017, 20:08
Thanks Paul. What model are the Rotel power amps please? A pre-amp is not required thanks. I'm soon to be borrowing a Rotel Michi RHB-10 power-amp from a hi-fi friend in the near future on loan to see if it gels with my system.

Cheers;
Peter

I lusted after that one for a long time in the 90s. The matching pre was passive IIRC. Let us know what you think of it.

Wilbur
26-01-2017, 02:53
Hi Peter
RB850,sorry about the late reply,13hr nightshifts suck!!

jandl100
26-01-2017, 06:40
I have an AMC 2100 power amp spare.

100wpc and with very serious current delivery (32 amps iirc).

It looks like a budget NAD. It sounds like a Krell. If you want warm & cosy, look elsewhere. ;)

£175 plus delivery. And it will take me a week or so to get hold of it!

The 1st review here pretty much nails it - http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/amplifiers/amc/2100/prd_115505_1583crx.aspx

ianlenco
26-01-2017, 10:06
Hi Peter,
I have a pair of Graham Slee Proprius monoblocks that might suit you. Rated at 25w, I use them with a pair of Neat Motice SX2, 86db. They drive them easily to high levels in my 22 X 14ft room. New they are nearly £1300 a pair but I can do them for £700.

Regards, Ian

shire
28-01-2017, 16:34
I have a pair of quad 99 monoblocks i was just going to list on the bay, good working order and cosmetic condition,with boxes and power leads
£475 plus PP

5acan
29-01-2017, 11:37
Hi,

I will probably sell my Pass DIY F5 assembled last year for ....a F6 or F7 ;-)
Few watt, but strong ones with huge power supply.
Chris

eisenach
29-01-2017, 12:48
What a deluge of offers !

Here's another: Primare 30.2.

There's a review here: http://www.moremusic.nl/reviews/primare/pre30-a30-2_WhatHiFi.pdf

You've a choice of balanced XLR or standard RCA inputs. Excellent condition. £450 plus postage.

Hudz
29-01-2017, 19:40
My monos http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172500219521?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 are for sale on the bay, was gonna sell them on here but had a right carry on trying to post pictures so gave up in the end. Decent discount if I don't have to pay Ebays fees

Firebottle
29-01-2017, 21:16
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7IsAAOSwNnRYiHU9/s-l64.jpg

It's not difficult to post pictures :)

alcarmichael
29-01-2017, 21:36
I'm considering selling my Croft 7 if interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shire
29-01-2017, 22:16
Hi, plenty of offers now listed, many different makes within price range.
It is surely the time to reply to those of no interest so they can be posted elsewhere, just 'no thanks' will do

cheers

Hudz
30-01-2017, 09:03
It was the interminable time waiting for photobucket:steam: to upload that got me Alan, I'm not the most patient even at the best of times, but thank you for posting one for me, most appreciated:)
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7IsAAOSwNnRYiHU9/s-l64.jpg

It's not difficult to post pictures :)

Hudz
30-01-2017, 21:44
My monos are sold:carrot: unfortunely going to Russia:uhho: watch this space..............21 days before funds are released, bleedin' feepay.

macvisual
04-02-2017, 22:39
No longer looking for a power amp or mono-blocks, thanks all for the kind replies, appreciated!

mikeyb
04-02-2017, 22:41
No longer looking for a power amp or mono-blocks, thanks all for the kind replies, appreciated!
And ....... ?

Macca
04-02-2017, 23:08
Maybe the Rotel Michi hit the spot?

macvisual
05-02-2017, 12:04
Maybe the Rotel Michi hit the spot?

The Michi still not arrived with me as yet, it's in Ireland and me in bonnie Scotland etc, hard to organise it, towards the end of March it could possibly happen.

My elderly A&R Arcam Alpha integrated amplifier is simply sounding brilliant to be honest, had it in my system for 2/3yrs now and for me it's ticking most of the audio boxes to be brutally honest! Oh and it cost me £35 to buy second hand, result!

:)

jandl100
05-02-2017, 14:20
Spot on, Peter.

Cheap electronics, well chosen, are as good or better than expensive gear. :thumbsup: