PDA

View Full Version : T2 trainspotting 2

clarkey555
23-01-2017, 09:17
So the reviews are slowly starting to trickle in for the new T2 trainspotting movie anyone seen it yet on the big screen or are you holding back and waiting for the DVD release please no spoilers just was it entertaining with a good soundtrack. Thoughts please

Zoidburg
23-01-2017, 11:16
Watched the first one last week (not seen it in a good 10+ years) and was struck by how good it was still. Is it this weekend that the new once comes out? il try and get to see it on the big screen I think as the reviews seem fairly positive from what I've seen.

struth
23-01-2017, 11:34
Hated the original one. Repugnant comes to mind . I do understand why some do like it though. Give me a good carry on anyday

jollyfix
23-01-2017, 11:41
I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about with the first film.

RichB
23-01-2017, 12:02
Watched the original again last nt. Very of its time and not bad I thought but again not a patch on the book it was adapted from. Read pretty much everything Irvine Welsh has put out.

Would imagine a trip to the cinema to see the sequel next week with Mrs B will be in order.

Marco
23-01-2017, 12:31
Hated the original one. Repugnant comes to mind . I do understand why some do like it though. Give me a good carry on anyday

Lol - I'm surprised at that. Thought it'd be right up your street! Loved it myself, and like Rich, watched the original last night. Defo going to see the new one, too! :cool:

Marco.

petrat
23-01-2017, 12:49
Saw the original for the first time last night. I thought it was excellent, with the four main characters convincingly portrayed by the actors. I was prepared for it to be a bit gruesome at times, but what I didn't expect was to be drawn into their worldview quite so powerfully. Very memorable film. Certainly the ending gives ample opportunity to develop the sequel.

For those of a more delicate disposition, I saw A Street Cat Named Bob the other week :rolleyes: Similar theme of addiction, but sanitised for a more delicate audience. Actually, I thought Bob was the best actor in it, even if he's now a bit overweight to play his younger stray-cat self :lol:

HackneyRF
23-01-2017, 13:26
Yep I'll be going to see it at the pictures. Really enjoyed the book and watched the film again last night and still believe it's one of the best films of the 90's. Great directing, great cast.

RichB
04-02-2017, 09:48
Got a couple of tickets to see this at the wonderfully vintage Tyneside Cinema this afternoon.

Looking forward to it.

Wakefield Turntables
04-02-2017, 10:03
It's depressing. its train spotting one with wrinkles, four blokes reflecting on times gone by.

Old boy
04-02-2017, 10:03
Saw T2 last night,wasn't expecting much tbh. How wrong I was ! A really superb film go watch it !

Marco
04-02-2017, 14:57
Going to see it tonight! :cool:

Marco.

mr shovel
04-02-2017, 17:41
Watched T2 this week. Loved it!

Marco
05-02-2017, 00:02
Bloody brilliant!! :cool:

Very well done, and notably different from the original, so not just a badly produced repeat of the first one. Funniest bit was when Renton and Sick Boy use an anti-Catholic song to distract the bigoted regulars at a stalwartly Protestant pub, after robbing them blind - and their stolen bank cards all had the same pin number of 1690! :D

Awesome entertainment, all round, and highly recommended :thumbsup:

Marco.

clarkey555
07-02-2017, 08:53
It seems T2 is worth splashing the cash on a cinema visit some favourable comments coming in guys
Cheers :)

RichB
07-02-2017, 09:55

Very well done, and notably different from the original, so not just a badly produced repeat of the first one. Funniest bit was when Renton and Sick Boy use an anti-Catholic song to distract the bigoted regulars at a stalwartly Protestant pub, after robbing them blind - and their stolen bank cards all had the same pin number of 1690! :D

Marco.

Some laugh out loud moments for me in this film but primarily a nostalgia trip.

If you can live with that it's a good film and I think we all know a Begbie we can relate to.

Spud's redemption was a good story line I thought.

Marco
07-02-2017, 12:23
Just a good, solid, well-written film, with all the right ingredients for those who like that sort of stuff, and with a great soundtrack, too! There's nothing really not to like :cool:

When 'the beast is suitably awoken', I can worryingly be a bit too much like Begbie..... ;)

Marco.

HackneyRF
07-02-2017, 13:27

Marco.

Uh-oh, spoiler alert! 😉

mr shovel
07-02-2017, 16:21
Uh-oh, spoiler alert! ��

Yes , in its' truest sense!