PDA

View Full Version : FS: A brace of Philips CD104 - SPARES / REPAIRS

Geoff101
22-01-2017, 21:39
More from the garage. These have been sat in there for several years and this evening was the first time I've ever plugged them in!
I've done my best to describe them fairly below but for clarity, they are for SPARES AND REPAIRS ONLY.

The one the left looks like an earlier one (metallic grey casework) and the one on the right is (I think) later with black casework.

http://www.g32.co.uk/images/CD104_1.JPG

The black one basically works other than the drawer needs a little shove to help it close (opens on it's own with no problem). The buttons were slightly reluctant to start with but are getting better now. Display is good and it seems to play without distortion - not bad actually. You can tap it when playing and it doesn't skip.
Cosmetically a bit scruffy with numerous scratches on top. Fascia isn't bad though.
http://www.g32.co.uk/images/CD104_2.JPG

The news isn't as good with the grey one. It initially powers up and I managed to load a disc (no drawer issues on this one), but then it seems to die. If you press the 'Stop' button, it comes back to life briefly - enough to retrieve your CD. I did get it to spin up once but not since.
Again - cosmetically scruffy but no proper damage
http://www.g32.co.uk/images/CD104_3.JPG

Let's try for £50 for the pair, or I'll swap for bits of turntables.
They'll need to be collected from just outside Bicester unless you let me know before 7am tomorrow, in which case I can drop them off anywhere between there and Lincoln.

struth
22-01-2017, 22:24
could get a nice player out of that.. maybe 2.... well worth the getting

agk
22-01-2017, 23:12
Sorely tempted but I would be buying to profit not own. Sort the mechanical side and nos them and off they go. Shame as I'm within the scope of that journey too.

struth
22-01-2017, 23:15
dont see a problem when its spares repairs.

Geoff101
22-01-2017, 23:27
Sorely tempted but I would be buying to profit not own. Sort the mechanical side and nos them and off they go. Shame as I'm within the scope of that journey too.

It doesn't bother me what you do with them. If you can turn a profit then good luck to you.

Geoff101
24-01-2017, 18:37
Bump

Geoff101
28-01-2017, 09:53
Any interest?

2kings
30-01-2017, 07:21
Geoff,

Can I have these, if they are not already spoken for.
I can pick up on weekends only.

Regards.
Joe

Geoff101
30-01-2017, 07:34
Hi Joe,
Yes, that's fine. We're about this coming weekend.

Gordon Steadman
30-01-2017, 07:43
A Dutch friend gave me one of these a short while ago as he was going back to Holland and had decided to ditch his CDs for streaming - silly man but ta!.

It has slowly wormed its way into my affections. It seemed a fraction dull to start with, compared with my usual Pioneer stable platter machine, but I find I now go the the 104 as a first choice. It has a way of presenting the music that is totally enjoyable and makes you forget the Hi-fi. If only CDPs had continued like this instead of the cheap production engineering that happened once they were established.

Excellent value at that price for two, I hope you enjoy them.

2kings
30-01-2017, 18:46
Hi Joe,
Yes, that's fine. We're about this coming weekend.
Geoff,
This weekend is perfect.
PM me your address please.
Regards.
Joe

Yomanze
30-01-2017, 19:04
A Dutch friend gave me one of these a short while ago as he was going back to Holland and had decided to ditch his CDs for streaming - silly man but ta!.

It has slowly wormed its way into my affections. It seemed a fraction dull to start with, compared with my usual Pioneer stable platter machine, but I find I now go the the 104 as a first choice. It has a way of presenting the music that is totally enjoyable and makes you forget the Hi-fi. If only CDPs had continued like this instead of the cheap production engineering that happened once they were established.

Excellent value at that price for two, I hope you enjoy them.

Swingarms are way better than the stable platters. Both read everything. :P

Geoff101
30-01-2017, 19:16
Thank you mods. These are now sold pending collection.