PDA

View Full Version : Dr Henry jones

Dr Henry Jones
22-01-2017, 18:11
Hello .
After reading many forums I thought it was time to join one, and this sight has many knowledgeable people on board so common sense took charge ........and I joined.
to date I am using a front end consisting of a thorens td 124 with an origin ol1 with a gold ring 2400 cartridge, a garrard 301 with a audio craft unipivot tone arm and a audiotech k7 cartridge and a much modded Leno with an audio tech 1010 tonearm and an old ortafon vms 20 e shoved up it
preamp is an art audio vp1, power amp is an modded art audio concerto, all connected withe sonic link.
speaker cables are kimber(a Freeby!) And standing in for my esl 63s are a pair of tanned cd2000s ( very good for there price !) My favorite listening to new gear critic is some one who knows nothing about hifi but has a great ear ...........my wife .......steph.
music taste. ........... rock (60s and 70s) blues, rhythm and blues,southern rock, folk rock,clannad classical,soul,(especially motown.) And branching out into some types of jazz..........Ella,Julie London,date brubec etc. big band swing.
The thing about being an old git is your music tastes widen. You stop worshiping the latest hifi fashion and use your ears, it'sthen you start to realise that some things are good and some of them are not so good . Then it gets interesting, new verses old . Belt verses idler and direct drive ect. I also love riding my yamaha xs 650. Reading, photography and having a good debate ( one of the reasons to join any hifi forum !)
Regards Dr Henry Jones .

walpurgis
22-01-2017, 18:39
Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

You won't be alone here in your interest in vintage turntables, they are very popular.

I don't know about you being "an old git", I expect a few of us will think you're just a lad. :)

Tell us what plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

jollyfix
22-01-2017, 19:26
Hi Steve, welcome to AOS. Some nice kit you have there.

Spectral Morn
22-01-2017, 23:35
Welcome to AoS

dantheman91
24-10-2017, 15:41
Great meeting you Steve nice to meet a fellow enthusiast thats knows his stuff now running a little record shop in Bournemouth BH1 and has nice quality gear aswell as HI-FI we spent an hour talking today thanks for letting me buy your 15's :) See you sometime next week cant wait to hear the Yamaha CR 1000. Maybe post on here RE the Dual 1019 if anyone can help im sure "Dave" DSJR" of this parish and others may have a solution...:) Something of an earth problem , Dipping Left&Right Channels might be an idea to make more contact on the head shell to the tonearm

Audio Al
24-10-2017, 15:54
HI , What do you do as a occupation :D

Woo XS 650 / Photography and hifi , we share some intrests

Welcome aboard ;)

walpurgis
24-10-2017, 16:56
Woo XS 650 / Photography and hifi , we share some intrests

Welcome aboard ;)

Same here. And I had an XS-650!