PDA

View Full Version : What is the music at the end of Dark Side of the Moon ?

Light Dependant Resistor
22-01-2017, 08:08
As Dark Side of the Moon fades out at the end of Eclipse with the bass drum simulating a heart beat
what is the piece of music beginning at 1 minute & 39 seconds then through till the end ?

It is a classical piece or at least classical instruments playing.

My guess is a orchestra that were recording at Abbey Rd, and were happy to contribute,
or perhaps something that was on radio that day that was mixed in.

Cheers / Chris

Oldpinkman
22-01-2017, 14:33
It's not a classical piece. It's an orchestral version of the Beatles "Ticket to Ride". It is unintentionally on the recording of the heartbeat and the interview with the doorman because it was playing in the background when he was interviewed

If anyone thinks we're mad and they can't hear it, - it was edited out of most (many, all ?) of the later recordings

Stratmangler
22-01-2017, 14:59
It's not a classical piece. It's an orchestral version of the Beatles "Ticket to Ride". It is unintentionally on the recording of the heartbeat and the interview with the doorman because it was playing in the background when he was interviewed

If anyone thinks we're mad and they can't hear it, - it was edited out of most (many, all ?) of the later recordings

It's there on the 2011 remaster.
It's there on the 2003 SACD remaster.
It isn't there on the 1990s remaster.
I'll have to dig out my copy from the late 1980s (if I can find it) and have a listen.

struth
22-01-2017, 15:07
Was removed from 1983 Japanese Black Triangle CD And the FLAC remastered versions afaik