View Full Version : Heybrook Point Five Speakers

dantheman91
21-01-2017, 17:59
Hi,

Due to the fact of selling my Primas at the end of last year i have been missed them terribly so was looking on that well known selling site i came across the Heybrook Point 5 Speakers for a very cheap price within 20 mins of the ad going live so i had to have them went and collected after the guy called me he was local & has more stuff in the loft:eyebrows: could be interesting - they tested and working these are a non ported design quite heavy a bulky they also look superb :) in the collection they go

Just running them with a test amplifier all is well currently and sounds very good indeed these will be here for a good while -

Not sure of the year production mid 90's?

Peace :) - Please excuse the Man Cave mess :rolleyes:

system7
22-01-2017, 14:14
All looks surprisingly familiar...

I have some Mordaunt Short MS15 which has become a project. Elac 6" bass and mylar dome tweeter, audax style.

The MS15 is just too small a box for any good bass, IMO. About 10L. Yours looks better.

There wasn't much to the crossover. Initially I just tried a better capacitor from the original old NP electrolytic.

Then the project grew. But there wasn't room for the tweeter I really wanted to use, and I never fixed the lack of bass. But I wanted to try a 6" speaker, it's the hardest one in the repertoire.

19152 19153 19154

mimoser
22-01-2017, 17:44
… got some point fives together with a NAD 7020 some ten years ago.
Compared to my beloved Monitor Audio Sevens they sound a little bit "sweet" or "soft".
Very nice speakers and keepers!
:)
Michael