PDA

View Full Version : hi

cre009
21-01-2017, 12:43
New member heavily into turntables including LP12/Ekos, Heybrook TT2/TPS/Zeta, AR XA and XB, Garrard 301, Systemdek Transcription/Manticore Musician, Fons CQ30 and others.

Kinshaw Perception SA Phono and Pre Amp, Nakamichi CR5 pre, Lumley Reference ST40 power and Heybrook HB1s.

jollyfix
21-01-2017, 12:59
Hi Clive, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum. Impressive collection you have there.... "and others", you must have rather large collection. Turntables all set up, or storage? Any photos?

cre009
21-01-2017, 13:24
Dave - I have a very small listening room so just 3 (LP12, TT2 and 301) set up on tables/shelf and a fourth usually XA or the Dek on the floor. Others are Logic Tempo/Datum manual, Pioneer PL12D mk2, Dual 505 delux and a Technics SL D202. Also have a Gemini DD I acquired for next to nothing. I occasionally swap the others in for reference purposes and a change of pace. I got the Dual new as my first HiFi deck in the 80s and then got the TT2 with Basik Plus new followed by the Linn LP12 with Ittock as new. All others were second hand purchases when opportunity has arisen. I thought I over paid for the 301 when I got it along with a SME3009 and Shure V15 mk3 at £135 in the late 90s but now know better.

walpurgis
21-01-2017, 23:29
Hello Clive. Welcome to AOS.

Nice collection of gear. You're as bad as me! :)

I must admit to a serious soft spot for the PL-12D. It's an honest bit of kit.

Tell us what music you like and what plans if any you may have for your system (systems?).

Have a look around the site, there's plenty going on. And feel free to join in the chat. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

cre009
22-01-2017, 12:08
Geoff - main music interests are Rock (particularly The Boss) and singer song writer types. In the past I used to collect the Byrds and offshoots such as CSNY and the Eagles based on the Pete Frame rock family trees.

Possibly looking for another phono stage. The Kinshaw and Nakamichi stages are very good but are in bulky boxes and I could do with something configurable and not bulky. The ifi phono is of interest but the Bristol show and also Tonbridge is coming up. If I can get to those then I may pick up something. There is always the show discount at Bristol.

Other than that I wont rule out another deck if something interests me but it will be an opportunistic purchase.

walpurgis
22-01-2017, 12:12
If you want a high quality configurable phono stage, take a look at the top of the range Graham Slee units. They are very compact.