PDA

View Full Version : New member reporting for inspection

LateJunction
19-01-2017, 13:38
Respectful greeting my elders & betters. I'm presenting myself with my Rega P7 + Dynavector DV 20X2L, Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, AudioLab 8000Q and 8000P, Arcam Alpha 9 CD, Denon TU-260L Mkii , Nakamichi 482, Spendor SP1s on Atakama stands, 53 years worth of vinyl, a stack of CDs and cassettes, 2 iPods and 1 TB of mixed MP3, WAV, M4A and FLAC plus numerous USB and Flash devices - all not necessarily in order of importance , value or quality....

I listen largely to classical music but have extensive collections of Pink Floyd, Bjork, Keith Jarrett, Harold Budd. I even listen opera, even that from Beijing, can you believe. (And the only place it is bearable is in Beijing).I like minimalism, in which I include Arvo Part and Steve Reich. I have all of Morton Feldman's compositions and can, easily, listen to none of them.... On radio I am a big fan of Late Junction on BBC Radio3, with the exception of one male presenter who seems to think that LJ is a opportunity for him to force everybody to listen to his voice, instead of playing the music - so he gets up my nose severely.

I'm here to learn about the experiences of others, particularly with regard to digitising my analogue audio assets. Any advice you can give me (aside from that end with the word 'off') will be gratefully received.

RobbieGong
19-01-2017, 13:58
Nice intro Tony and welcome.
I recognise the familiar names behind your kit.
Spendors interest me a lot as although I've never heard a pair, I sense I would love the non fatiguing, 'beautiful in the mids' presentation of Spendors that I've read and heard about - one day I'll take the plunge.

Have a great time on-board :)

Spectral Morn
19-01-2017, 14:23
Welcome to AoS :cool:

struth
19-01-2017, 14:50
Hi and welcome Tony. Hope you enjoy forum and sure there are folk who do digitise their records etc here.

jollyfix
19-01-2017, 15:30
Hi Tony, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

Puffin
20-01-2017, 17:39
Hi Tony, good intro, are you N, S, E or W Hampshire

walpurgis
20-01-2017, 22:32
Hello Tony. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty going on here, so please get involved and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

LateJunction
20-01-2017, 23:33
Nice intro Tony and welcome.
I recognise the familiar names behind your kit.
Spendors interest me a lot as although I've never heard a pair, I sense I would love the non fatiguing, 'beautiful in the mids' presentation of Spendors that I've read and heard about - one day I'll take the plunge.

Have a great time on-board :)

Thanks. Being a stupid Laowai (as my friends in China describe me - among themselves) I read your words as 'beautiful in the minds' and thought "what a wonderful thing to say - it's exactly what I feel", so I don't think I'll read it correctly anyway!

LateJunction
20-01-2017, 23:35
Hi Tony, good intro, are you N, S, E or W Hampshire

South Hants (unless you're from Trading Standards, in which case I'm in Kirkudbrightshire)

system7
21-01-2017, 03:52
You must be a Portsmouth lad like myself! :)

Welcome to the politest, brightest and, refreshingly, most first-name terms forum I know.

People here even read books... How quaint. But makes for a bigger brain. :mental: