PDA

View Full Version : FS: Apart Champ One power amp - gobs of power! Good sound.

jandl100
18-01-2017, 18:06
Bought from Duncan / Tubehunter in March last year when he was downsizing his multi-amping system to just one of these amps.

Immense power. Fine, transparent sound.

Excellent condition and works A1.

Not sure if I have the box or not. :scratch: I think it's in the loft but not certain. Anyway, will be packed well.

£200 plus £25 UK courier or collect from GL17.

Here's a photo of the actual item for sale ...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/DSCF6729_zpswcossrtw.jpg (http://s262.photobucket.com/user/jandl100/media/DSCF6729_zpswcossrtw.jpg.html)

Here are some pics from elsewhere showing rear facilities and internals ...

http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/max/44195/innenansicht-apart-champ-one_507875.jpg

Coo, look at that transformer :drool: - no wonder it doesn't seem to run out of power. :eyebrows:

http://www.ela-data.de/Images/Produkte/popup/CHAMP-ONE_Front.jpg
http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/max/316754/apart-champ-one-back_109491.jpg

jandl100
18-01-2017, 18:14
Here's the web address of a pdf file of the manual

file:///C:/Users/Pc%20world/Downloads/Bedienungsanleitung_Champ_One%20(3).pdf

User211
18-01-2017, 19:08
This is the amp I took to NEBO that went down well driving Quad 57s and some other speakers.

I ain't selling mine.

It drives my Apogee Duettas well. No really - it does a fine job and I can listen to it doing so for days without hardship. It just sounds good. That simple. No matter what I have plugged it into.

Buy it it is an absolute steal for the money. I'd like to see it passed round forum members just so they can hear what a fine amp this is, regardless of what it costs.

I love it. It is a real two fingers up to really expensive amps. I'm not saying it can beat them - it can't beat really good expensive examples, but it can say a bloody good "fuck off"!:)

jandl100
18-01-2017, 19:12
You need mine to bridge to mono, Justin - 1100W. ;) :eek:

Firebottle
18-01-2017, 19:18
Got to say it was impressive at MiBO, £200 does seem a steal for the performance on offer.

If I needed an amp I'd have it, but ...

GLWS

User211
18-01-2017, 19:19
Pah! Flea power.:D

If anyone wants mine to do so it is £800.:lol:

User211
18-01-2017, 19:38
Got to say it was impressive at MiBO, £200 does seem a steal for the performance on offer.

If I needed an amp I'd have it, but ...

GLWS

That's the one:D

Macca
18-01-2017, 19:49
This is the amp I took to NEBO that went down well driving Quad 57s and some other speakers.

I ain't selling mine.

It drives my Apogee Duettas well. No really - it does a fine job and I can listen to it doing so for days without hardship. It just sounds good. That simple. No matter what I have plugged it into.

Buy it it is an absolute steal for the money. I'd like to see it passed round forum members just so they can hear what a fine amp this is, regardless of what it costs.

I love it. It is a real two fingers up to really expensive amps. I'm not saying it can beat them - it can't beat really good expensive examples, but it can say a bloody good "fuck off"!:)

I was thinking this was the same model we heard at MiBO. It was impressive.

jandl100
18-01-2017, 19:54
Mighty power in a fairly compact chassis - but it's a cunning convection cooled design, no fans. Not that it gets more than a bit warm anyway.

User211
18-01-2017, 20:56
I was thinking this was the same model we heard at MiBO. It was impressive.

I quite like the prose of the manual. It was designed with the right attitude, I think.

They don't make it anymore, or indeed a contemporary one with such power on tap.

To all: for £200, buy it, and pass it on if no likey. You will at least have learnt something.

Ninanina
18-01-2017, 20:57
Seems like a bargain Jerry...

Is this really rated at 1500 Watt? if so blimey... :doh:

jandl100
18-01-2017, 21:06
It's a mere 1.1KW when bridged to mono, Bev.
About 300wpc in stereo mode, iirc, and capable of delivering very serious amounts of current.
Adequate. ;)

Ninanina
18-01-2017, 21:25
It's a mere 1.1KW when bridged to mono, Bev.
About 300wpc in stereo mode, iirc, and capable of delivering very serious amounts of current.
Adequate. ;)

As you say 'adequate'... amazing output..

Makes my current 300b at 8w seem really feeble.. :lol:

macvisual
18-01-2017, 22:06
Hi Jerry,

Is this power-amp American made....? Does it produce an open soundstage/highs with dynamics and punch...? Is there decent/gustsy bass slam...?
I'm using a Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp, would it gel me wonders...?

Sorry for all the questions.....!

Regards;
Peter
Central Scotland

jandl100
19-01-2017, 06:32
It's Belgian, actually! And as far as I can see from what is said on the chassis it is made there.

Open soundstage, dynamics, punch, gutsy, bass slam - yup yup yup yup yup.
It's clear from his comments that Justin likes the amp - he is very much a dynamics and punch and gutsy bass slam kind of listener.
I'll invite others respond to the sq aspects as well. A lot of folks have heard Justin's.

SteveW
19-01-2017, 06:59
Hi Jerry

I bought one of the other of these amps from Duncan.
If xmas hadn't hit so hard, and a small imminent holiday I would have this.
However, as Duncan discovered one amp is really plenty powerful.

I have matched mine with a passive pre and a pair of Technics SB M300's.
In terms of SQ, I could not agree more. All those things (dynamics/soundstage/punch etc etc) are spot on.
I would also add that the amp realty does 'quiet ' so well!
I love stuff like Laura Marling, and this amp reveals detail in production that I previously missed.. backing vocal detail, ambience and atmosphere.

Hard to believe that these amps didn't take off commercially.

Cheers Steve

M
It's Belgian, actually! And as far as I can see from what is said on the chassis it is made there.

Open soundstage, dynamics, punch, gutsy, bass slam - yup yup yup yup yup.
It's clear from his comments that Justin likes the amp - he is very much a dynamics and punch and gutsy bass slam kind of listener.
I'll invite others respond to the sq aspects as well. A lot of folks have heard Justin's.

Hudz
19-01-2017, 10:19
PM sent

User211
19-01-2017, 10:43
Hard to believe that these amps didn't take off commercially.

???

They look to be doing alright... don't forget it is a pro amp, not a "hi-fi" amp.

http://www.apart-audio.com/Home/Index

Hudz
19-01-2017, 13:31
Unforseen circumstances mean I've had to drop out so this is still available, GLWTS Jerry

macvisual
19-01-2017, 13:39
Jerry, I'm keen on this stereo power amplifier, from your photo's, the rear panel confuses me, or is it best to connect up simple RCA (unbalanced) and that's it...?

Regards;
Peter

User211
19-01-2017, 14:12
New they were £700 odd making £200 an excellent price. Just thought I'd say.

diceman
19-01-2017, 14:22
PM Sent (if not too late) - Lets see what the NS1000M's do with a rocket shoved up them :-)

jandl100
19-01-2017, 14:48
Wow - I just got home to a pile of PMs!

Looks like the amp is sold, I'll confirm later.

Btw - it's an amp designed for audiophiles / hifi usage by a pro company, so not strictly a pro amp. ;)

jandl100
19-01-2017, 14:49
Money received - so now SOLD :)

SwindonOldBloke
29-07-2019, 07:51
I know this is an old thread but I have one of those fine sounding Apart Champ One amps that
I could be persuaded to part with if anyone is still interested.

walpurgis
29-07-2019, 08:09
Hi Peter. If you have something to sell, you need to start your own sales thread for it, rather than piggy-back somebody else's, even an old and defunct thread like this. You will also need to provide compliant photos and a price.

I'll leave your post up for a while, but will delete it in due course.

SwindonOldBloke
29-07-2019, 10:44
Sorry, please remove it now if you’re not happy, I was just interested to know if there was any interest in these still. I would normally sell anything on eBay anyway as it’s easy to manage with secure payment etc...

User211
29-07-2019, 20:42
You'll get ripped by the eBay/PayPal fuck you mechanism though.

It's a great amp for £200. A chap had a few of them and sold them to members. Went down really well at an AoS do driving Firebottle's Quads as loud as they could manage.

Won't forget that in a hurry everyone loved that combo. It was the only amp that could get them loud enough for the room for everyone to enjoy.

It can even drive Apogees quite well. It lacks resolution and finesse ultimately, but for £200 it is joke good. Power in abundance and better than class D from Crown for instance.

Seriously solid chassis, too.

Try £300 on here. It was a while ago. TBH £350-£400 wouldn't be a bad deal for anyone.

anddzia
31-07-2019, 16:44
I know this is an old thread but I have one of those fine sounding Apart Champ One amps that
I could be persuaded to part with if anyone is still interested.

A PM sent :D