PDA

View Full Version : Hands Up If...

icehockeyboy
17-01-2017, 16:26
You use Tidal?

And is it the one at around a tenner, or the posher, more expensive one?

And of course your thoughts on it, (comparisons to Deezer, Spotify etc.)

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 16:36
Use Tidal Hifi here Craig, run it through Roon.
Worth it, especially now they stream MQA in 24 bit.

Sound quality wise best sounding streaming software I've heard.
Choice of music is superb...and the compiled playlists by mood are great.

icehockeyboy
17-01-2017, 16:45
Use Tidal Hifi here Craig, run it through Roon.
Worth it, especially now they stream MQA in 24 bit.

Sound quality wise best sounding streaming software I've heard.
Choice of music is superb...and the compiled playlists by mood are great.

How much is that one exactly Gaz?
What I'd put..about £20?

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 16:59
Yeah, 20 squids/Month :)

Stratmangler
17-01-2017, 17:12
You won't be able access the full fat version Craig - it's MP3 connecting via www.mysqueezebox.com and it sounds very, very good.
The £10.00 subscription is what you need.

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 17:17
:thumbsup:

icehockeyboy
17-01-2017, 17:21
You won't be able access the full fat version Craig - it's MP3 connecting via www.mysqueezebox.com and it sounds very, very good.

Ta Chris, that link is what started my interest!

icehockeyboy
17-01-2017, 17:22
Anyone know if it's 'better' than Deezer Premium?, the ten pound one that is.

RichB
17-01-2017, 17:25
Whilst I get Spotify bundled with a mobile phone package and a discount through my employer which effectively makes it free I can't imagine I'll br changing any time soon.

I do hear good things about Tidal by the way. Does it work with Chromecast?

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 17:29
Whilst I get Spotify bundled with a mobile phone package and a discount through my employer which effectively makes it free I can't imagine I'll br changing any time soon.

I do hear good things about Tidal by the way. Does it work with Chromecast?

Chromecast is go. :)
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/tidal-now-has-chromecast-support-29113/

struth
17-01-2017, 17:37
Chromecast is go. :)
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/tidal-now-has-chromecast-support-29113/

Is the support just on mobile devices or on pc too?

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 17:41
Oh can get it on PC too Grant...

Its a program you install?
http://tidal.com/gb/download

Stratmangler
17-01-2017, 17:45

The only reason I know is coz I trialled Tidal FOC, initially.
The sound quality of the FLAC streaming is excellent, but I decided not subscribe at the end of the trial.

A while later there was a raft of new albums that I wanted to check out, so I paid for a month and got on with it.
About 3 weeks into the month and I found myself unable to access Tidal via the LMS/Squeezebox route, but I could access things via my laptop.
A hunt around on the 'net and I found out that the Tidal app on www.mysqueezebox.com was up and running properly, so I got that working and used it for the remainder of the month.
I had FLAC access at the start of the month, and something occurred that stopped access to the FLAC streams, so my hand was forced and I just switched the way I accessed the service, and by default had to run with the MP3 files.

struth
17-01-2017, 17:46
Oh can get it on PC too Grant...

Its a program you install?
http://tidal.com/gb/download

I will say this, they are proactive in getting business partners, unlike Spotify who really aint that interested. 2 very different ethosis if thats a word lol
I like Spotify and until tidal has connect then i will not consider it alas. I need it to play from pc and be controlled by ipad or a phone without bringing in another expense like roon.

icehockeyboy
18-01-2017, 09:37
Ok, is it worth the bother of getting it or is Deezer Premium as good?

lovejoy
18-01-2017, 13:03
I was on the £10/m Tidal subscription here which was fine for me as I used it in the car or on the move on my phone so didn't really see the need for the HiFi subscription. As soon as they announced MQA streaming though I upgraded to full fat and I'm totally addicted to listening to what's available via MQA as it's by far the best digital I've ever heard, it's getting me to listen to albums I'd never have listened to otherwise too.

icehockeyboy
18-01-2017, 15:36
Anyone that's used Deezer and is now on Tidal?

Was there any/much difference?

icehockeyboy
19-01-2017, 10:34
Update:

Signed up for trial.

Tried a few tracks.

Both sound options.

Not impressed, no better than what I have now, plus I'd have to rebuild the library of albums and artists.

Back to Deezer Premium.

roob
19-01-2017, 21:17
Anyone that's used Deezer and is now on Tidal?

Was there any/much difference?

Yep was on Deezer Elite for a year now on Tidal Hi Fi no difference really that was until until the Tidal Masters came along.;)