View Full Version : Copper DAC

tommy1
21-12-2009, 18:06
I've decided to sell this on. It's very good but I feel a little too revealing (with my WAD25T XL speakers) for my tastes. I prefer the more polite sound of my Cambridge 840C. I was hoping to just use my SB3 and the Copper DAC but i'm not sure i'm ready for a single source (computer based) system just yet. I know my wife isn't!
Anyway, i'll offer it on here first as I believe there were other interested parties. I'd like £470 plus carriage.
Original thread here http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4738

DSJR
21-12-2009, 19:17
I wish, I wish.....

Is there no way you could gentle it up a bit with some long-plate Mullards?

Ali Tait
21-12-2009, 19:29
...Or perhaps some different caps? Changing these can really make a difference.

StanleyB
21-12-2009, 19:38
I prefer the more polite sound of my Cambridge 840C.
Is the 840C also an upsampling DAC/CDP? I have heard it mentioned that some people like the 'language' of the 840C and the DacMagic, even though it isn't revealing of the truth.

Steve Toy
24-12-2009, 05:01
Some people just can't take a dose of realism without needing a lie down afterwards :laugh:

tommy1
24-12-2009, 17:23
Sold to Ssshhh, you know who! It's ended up with it's rightfull owner I think. A real Gent too. I didn't want to start chopping and changing components (esp. speakers). I suppose that this illustrates the dangers of buying kit you haven't heard. On the other hand though, not buying new it isn't so much of a financial risk.
All that glitters is not gold. (Sometimes it's copper!)