PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Auckland NZ

mattzee
14-01-2017, 20:28
I found this forum when hunting for info about a new DAC i had just bought, a Piano 2.1 with a Kali on top of a Raspberry Pi 3. I had just received it, got it setup and found within an hour or two wanting to find out more about what this little magic setup could do. I found some test tracks that ranged up to DSD256 and was simply amazed at the life it squeezed into my existing oldish setup, a Cyrus dAD3Q24 with an Arcam A80 powering a set of Image AV Two's. So now i could start hearing stuff like mouth piece noise from Sonny Rollins, the floor tom Hotel California, the background acoustics in Torsten Nilsson's Cantate Domino like i had never before. So as a wrap you can can see I have some reasonable gear (a bit old ... ), a wide range in musical taste and am very keen to explore what this new bit of kit can do.

struth
14-01-2017, 20:32
Welcome aboard Mathew. Hope you enjoy the forum. Yes the Allo boys have a presence here.

walpurgis
15-01-2017, 09:50
Hello Matthew. Welcome to AOS.

Our Digital Expressions section is the place to visit if you'd like to start a thread and discuss DACs. I'm sure a lot of members will have opinions.

Take a look around the site, you'll find plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.