PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kent

reubensheldon
14-01-2017, 09:31
Hello, I've been a music fan for as long as I can remember and somewhere along the line got obsessed with hearing it on a good sound system. It has taken a long time to build up my current systems which are:

Man cave:

Hegel HD30 Dac
Nuvista 800
Art Alnico Signature
Monitor Audio PLW215ii Sub

Living room

Bladelius Embala CD/Dac/pre thing
Musical Fidelity M8500 mono's
B&W 800 Diamond
B&W ASW 850 Sub

All music is streamed via Tidal. I used to have a mountain of vinyl and CD's but I'm just as happy with the simplicity and flexibility of streaming. Plus I find myself discovering loads of new music.

As can be guessed by the subs I like my systems to be able to rock. My musical includes (but not limited to) funk, ambient, electronic , ska, soul, indie & rock. Last two gigs were The Cure and Cinematic Orchestra.

In regards to changes I'm most interested to hear what difference a separate pre/Dac would sound like in place of the Bladelius - or a more recent/cutting edge Dac/Pre. It's the digital frond end that I have found hardest to hear significant differences with and it looks like it would be easy to spend a lot more money without a significant upgrade. Still, always happy to be proved wrong!

jollyfix
14-01-2017, 09:45
Hi Daniel. welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
14-01-2017, 09:46
Hi Daniel. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting choices in equipment there.

If you want opinions on DACs, start a thread in the Digital Expressions section outlining what you have in mind. I'm sure you'd get plenty of replies.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
14-01-2017, 09:51
Welcome Daniel.:)

reubensheldon
14-01-2017, 10:06
Thanks all for the welcome. @ Geoff good advice I'll do that.