PDA

View Full Version : Goldring G99

Goldring
05-01-2017, 23:53
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and go under the name of Goldring, my full name being Goldring G99. No relation to Goldfinger 007 but more predictably, I am the owner of a Goldring G99 turntable with an SME arm / Shure V15 type III. But sadly the motor in my Goldring has decided to take early retirement and so, as a consequence, I am looking for a replacement motor. if anyone can provide me with one or can put me in touch with someone who could help, I would be most appreciative. My power amp is a Craft Audio C3 and pre-amp a Perreaux SA3. I am currently using American Accoustic Develomemt (AAD) speakers mainly because I had to downsize, and reluctantly sold my Dalquest speakers. I still miss them to this day as they were so good with orchestral and pipe organ music. Back to the G99. I bought this off my then girlfriend's father when James Last, Seals & Croft and Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Waters were often played. I really miss her (the G99 I mean) and would love to find a replacement motor to re-live my youth and get a chance to have my children and grandchildren appreciate the presence of true vinyl music. I would love to hear from anyone who could point me in the right direction

Bigman80
06-01-2017, 11:02
Hi !

I'd put a wanted ad in the "private exhibitions" area of the forum. There's a lot of knowledge here so I'm sure you'll find what you're after.

Oliver.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

farflungstar
06-01-2017, 11:07
Is it the same as l75 motor?
Adey

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk

struth
06-01-2017, 11:07
Welcome to AoS Peter. Sure there will be a motor out there somewhere. The goldring is a good deck though and becoming prized again. Guess you could consider also buying a full deck, maybe one cosmetically challenged

Spectral Morn
06-01-2017, 11:24
Welcome to AoS Peter

rossman
06-01-2017, 11:25
I would recommend that you have a look at the Lenco Heaven website.

IIRC the motor is the same as the ubiquitous GL75. If that is the case it is quite easy to service if you have any DIY skills, there are threads and plenty of advice on Lenco Heaven that can help you to do this.

brian2957
06-01-2017, 11:30
Have a look here Peter http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=2087.0

and here http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=2087.0

Lenco Heaven is a great source of information for Goldring turntable users http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?board=10.0

farflungstar
06-01-2017, 11:43
I have an L75 motor you can have for cost of shipping - but it's heavy and from Spain won't be cheap...
Adey

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk

walpurgis
06-01-2017, 22:22
Hello Peter. Welcome to AOS.

The G99 is a very nice turntable. As is the G88. I've had both.

I imagine the regular L60 series and L70 series motor will be similar and should fit.

Are you sure yours is dead? Usually something simple may be wrong and the motor can be resurrected.

If you get completely stuck, I may have an older motor in my spares bins.

If you want to discuss this on the forum, start a thread in either the Past Masters section or in Analogue Arts.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

hifi_dave
07-01-2017, 12:41
Welcome.

The G99 is one of my favourite turntables and I still have the one I bought in 1966 along with an SME 3009 and Shure V15. Can't bear to part with it.