PDA

View Full Version : How's it going? from Bath, Somerset, UK

Pau
05-01-2017, 13:53
Hello there,
I'm Paul, new around here, been browsing this forum for few years, now and again felt that I may have something constructive to say, so finally signed up.
Had a pleasure to listen to some sweet sounding equipment, but never actually gathered the right amount of cash to own one. Bit of a perfectionist, bad habit which is hard to overcome - I'd rather have something that I want than settle for less. So I have an old yamaha receiver and what appears to be a german made 4 way reflexion claustrophobic dull floor standers which I cannot stand, but hesitate to throw away. Currently enjoying B&W P7 wired headphones with Mac Air, Audirvana for music at home.
Music has been a big part of my life, big variety for night or day, mood, place ranging from jazz, blues, classical to ambient, experimental, trip hop, downtempo.
Audio equipment, I was bitten when I was 7 years old as far as I can remember my father had old pair of original russian made Radiotehnika S90 on an end of a vintage Japanese amp and cassette deck which was something else to me, still remember the warm sound can those wardrobes used to make. Anyway enough about me, thanks everyone.

Paul

Clifford.T Ward
05-01-2017, 13:55
Welcome to TAOS ...many years ago I used to live in Bath !:)

struth
05-01-2017, 13:56
Welcome Paul. Good you decided to join in, and sure you will enjoy it.

jollyfix
05-01-2017, 16:57
Welcome to AOS Paul. I have loads of friends in Bath and Bath Easton, spend many a good time there. Enjoy the forum.

Pau
28-01-2017, 11:39
Many thanks,

Dave, I have finally moved here in November, after working for 8 years, nice place to live.

Spectral Morn
28-01-2017, 14:42
Welcome to AoS

Pau
28-01-2017, 17:31
Quick question, glanced over the rulebook and noticed that new members are required to post some photos in the gallery, is that mandatory?

struth
28-01-2017, 17:40
No not mandatory . But if you can, we would like to see them.. lots of us have gallery pages that get updated from time to time.

Pau
28-01-2017, 17:51
Oh ok, need to dust off camera first, see what happens.