PDA

View Full Version : Wanted speaker stands for Celestion A1s

Lawrence001
04-01-2017, 22:12
These will need a big top plate ideally 20x30cm or not far off. Want a good weight too so my 1yo son cant accidentally tip them over easily. The A1s are big heavy beasts, but they do sound lovely. I know Celestion did some matching stands if anyone has a pair of those.

I would prefer 60cm/2ft height but I could go down to 45/1.5 if the stands were otherwise ideal. 3 or 4 pillars would be best. They will also need delivering to London or Durham unless they are located somewhere near the A1 in between or near either end.

flapland
05-01-2017, 08:35
I have some Atacama R720 speaker stands. These were top of the range for Atacama and weigh a absolute ton.

They look like the ones in this old advert and are in Silver. 20 inches high without spikes and depending on carpet a little higher with the spikes.

https://www.hifix.co.uk/atacama-r720-series-speaker-stands

Collection only from NW3 I am afraid as postage would be a challenge as I don't have boxes and they have been sand filled(in bags).

Make me a offer as they are just siting here taking up room.

Lawrence001
05-01-2017, 11:51
Thanks I'll see what else comes up and think about it as the top plate is smaller than I would have liked. I forgot to give a budget £30-£50 is my ideal range.

Lawrence001
05-01-2017, 11:52
But I would go higher for the right pair my mate paid £80 for a pair of partington heavies which I really like and I'd happily pay the same for them.

flapland
05-01-2017, 12:18
Thanks I'll see what else comes up and think about it as the top plate is smaller than I would have liked. I forgot to give a budget £30-£50 is my ideal range.

Thats OK, I had some large actives on them fixed with bluetac and they were very solid. £30 collected would be fine by the way if nothing does come up.

Lawrence001
05-01-2017, 15:12
Thanks Paul I've got my tape measure out and the height is actually the main issue for me. Ive found I don't enjoy my music as much when the tweeter is a foot or more below ear height. I listen almost near field (within 6feet) most of the time which doesn't help. The price is very good so I'd be surprised if you didn't get a taker off this thread.

flapland
05-01-2017, 15:20
Thanks Lawrence good look with your search. I think I will give my Wam and PFM threads a bump.