PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Dalgety Bay, UK

Duffy
04-01-2017, 21:50
Hello!

I'm new onboard and wanted to say hello!

I'm from an old school Hifi background, big fan of Mission kit (when it actually was Mission), Monitor Audio kit and Linn (got to support the local hero!)

Moved from that into an AV focused system, Linn speakers but with a Pioneer amp (an LX82) and doing a lot more listening to headphones, usually straight out of my phone (modern life, kids, competition to use the living room) and have suddenly realised that I've stopped enjoying music (essentially because my system sounds rubbish).

I'm restructuring my system and the LX82 is history, a Anthem MRX310 and a Beresford Bushmaster Mk2 DAC are about to go in, all in an attempt to get some musicality back in there!

I listen (on the whole) to the music of my youth, Pink Floyd, ELO, Dire Straits, The Eagles, Queen with some modern infiltrators courtesy of my kids (but don't let them know, I've a reputation as an old fud to keep up!)

Hope to be on here a bit and share my progress

:)

Ali Tait
04-01-2017, 22:03
Hi and welcome, you're just along the road from me.

rmcin626
04-01-2017, 22:15
Hi and welcome Derek, always good to see another Scot on the forum

Jac Hawk
04-01-2017, 22:31
Hello!
I listen (on the whole) to the music of my youth, Pink Floyd, ELO, Dire Straits, The Eagles, Queen with some modern infiltrators courtesy of my kids (but don't let them know, I've a reputation as an old fud to keep up!)
Ahhh the classics:guitar: proper music.

Welcome to AoS :)

Duffy
05-01-2017, 07:05
Thanks guys!

Duffy
05-01-2017, 07:06
Hi and welcome Derek, always good to see another Scot on the forum

Anybody else remember the good old days of the HiFi show in Edinburgh at the hotel next to the Zoo?

walpurgis
05-01-2017, 10:09
Hi Derek. Welcome from me too.

Hope you have fun getting your system sounding good. Tell us how it develops.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Duffy
05-01-2017, 17:00
Hi Derek. Welcome from me too.

Hope you have fun getting your system sounding good. Tell us how it develops.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Thanks Geoff and wildo

struth
05-01-2017, 17:11
Aye, welcome Derek. Hope you solve your troubles.. ive just moved into a headphone system for private listening and really enjoying it. Think you need to do better than out of phone though as i found it not quite good enough.

archiesdad
05-01-2017, 20:30
Hi Derek, welcome to AoS, you're not far from me either, I also remember going to a show at Murrayfield stadium.

Duffy
06-01-2017, 08:40
Aye, welcome Derek. Hope you solve your troubles.. ive just moved into a headphone system for private listening and really enjoying it. Think you need to do better than out of phone though as i found it not quite good enough.

The music is all FLAC/Lossless and on a server so should be fine, the phone is (from my limited understanding) merely acting as a remote control for the airport express I bought last night so shouldn't be restricting what's going on.

I hope

:D

killie99
13-01-2017, 09:05
Anybody else remember the good old days of the HiFi show in Edinburgh at the hotel next to the Zoo?

Yep, went there a couple of times and also at the Sheraton on Lothian Road - all during the 80's.

take5
13-01-2017, 09:25
Hi, and a warm welcome from another Fifer.

Ianmac
13-01-2017, 09:44
Welcome.
Fifers are everywhere, I have a long spoon as part of my kit.

Duffy
13-01-2017, 10:06
Yep, went there a couple of times and also at the Sheraton on Lothian Road - all during the 80's.

Ahh the irony, I'd forgotten about the Sheraton but remember being there!

I miss the Hifi show, I presume it was stopped for bad old commercial reasons.

Thanks for the welcome guys