PDA

View Full Version : From the sunny Algarve

lescrooge
04-01-2017, 09:22
Hi,
well my username is lesCrooge. That happens to be my surname.
My first name Edward, my second is Louis.
I write ebooks under my name Louis lesCrooge.
20 years ago I was making horn enclosures. My company was called HornUtopia.
We attended a few HiFi shows in 1999 the biggest of which was the London HiFi show in Novotel, at which noted hornophobe Ken Kessler included our enclosoure, The Cornucopia, in his 100 best of show report.
Then the wheels came off.
One of my competitors managed to convince the owner of our driver supplier, Lowther, that our product was rubbish, so she pulled supplies.
She didn't accept Ken Kessler and Steve Harris' opinions to the contrary.
So I am now happily divesting myself of my last pair of PM6s but I can't find where to place the ad.
Someone kindly advise.
TVM

struth
04-01-2017, 09:36
Hi Lewis, and welcome. Hope you intend staying here and not just gonna sell n run;). Anyways, you will need a few posts for pm function etc to kick in. Sales are in private exhibitions. You require pics, a description and a fixed price.

A friend of mine loves your neck of woods and wants to retire there if not sooner. Bet its nice weather too.

Hope you stay and join in

walpurgis
04-01-2017, 09:41
Hello Louis. Welcome to AOS.

I seem to recall the name 'HornUtopia'. It's a shame you could not carry on in the business.

If you continue to have an interest in Hi-Fi, perhaps you could tell us more. Such as what music you listen to and what equipment you currently use.

The private sales area is the Private Exhibitions section. It would be nice if you could participate as an active member though, your involvement in speaker design and building would be of interest to members.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Audio Al
04-01-2017, 10:23
:wave: Hello

Sounds like you are talented

I hope you stay and join in :)

tapid
04-01-2017, 14:45
welcome from me Louis, hope you enjoy the forum.

SantanaCorreia
04-01-2017, 18:15
Bem vindo

lescrooge
05-01-2017, 12:23
Meo filio nesta Lisboa @ JB escola de Jazz
El toca sax & guitarra

lescrooge
07-01-2017, 18:50
I posted all this but it appears to be under M for missing
Music only good except trad folk
MUSIC
2 metres of vinyl, 3 metres of CDs
FAVES
Mariachi, Cubano, Latino, Astrid Gilberto, Sinatra, Dylan, Zappa, JJ Cale, Allmans, Joe Croaker, Mike Bloomfield, Peter Green, Cooder, Taj Mahal, Rory, Steve Winwood, early Stones, Lovin Spoonful, Paul Simon, Miles, Getz, Hot Club, I sing the body electric-side 2, Dire Straights, Free, Kinks, AWB, George Harrison, Santana, Little Feat, Steve Miller, The Cap'n, The Doobs, CCR, Desmond Decker, Jimmy Cliff, Schubert, Satie, Prokofiev, Chopin, Yehudi
SYSTEM
Audio Innovation S300 - bought for the valves only, but it works, meanwhile my Rogers Cadet stereo power amp + Quad44 languish below decks.
(If anyone wants the S300 sans valves they can have it plus £50 p&p - proper packing)
Harmann Kardon+Rabco parallel tracking with Technics 205Mkiii cartridge.
Also some kind of Thorens cant remember the number but it's not a 124 - the ex-bitch got given that but she nicked a lot of choice LPs as well. Cheap at the price
My NUC box + assorted headphones.

lescrooge
07-01-2017, 21:27
Ah am mystified - well that's my excuse

Audio Al
08-01-2017, 01:15
FAVES
Mariachi, Cubano, Latino, Astrid Gilberto, Sinatra, Dylan, Zappa, JJ Cale, Allmans, Joe Croaker, Mike Bloomfield, Peter Green, Cooder, Taj Mahal, Rory, Steve Winwood, early Stones, Lovin Spoonful, Paul Simon, Miles, Getz, Hot Club, I sing the body electric-side 2, Dire Straights, Free, Kinks, AWB, George Harrison, Santana, Little Feat, Steve Miller, The Cap'n, The Doobs, CCR, Desmond Decker, Jimmy Cliff, Schubert, Satie, Prokofiev, Chopin, Yehudi

Some good choices :eyebrows:

lescrooge
08-01-2017, 19:18
Thanks for the heads up
In the 60s I used to work in Dagenham Heatwave (well that's what I called it) just down from the toob

lescrooge
10-01-2017, 20:50
OK
I don't know how these posts work
I have an idea that one spends hours pouring over them to see if anyone or thing has stirred since one's last emission, but then again - perhaps not.
HiFi was conceived to be listened to - not masturbated over, or any other form of glandular emission.
My apos of you are offended/dismayed/exalted at the idea/whatever.
I'm not too busy for this, I just have other priorities.
Enjoy wot u got.
IDIOS