PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Cardiff

winstonmalcolm
03-01-2017, 15:59
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to this forum but forgot to say hello when I joined so I'd better say it now.

I've been into Hi-Fi for longer than I care to remember.
I grew up around valve powered radiograms :lol: and when we were old enough my friends and I got 'run of the mill' early solid state stereo equipment which despite my best efforts just never sounded right.
Eventually after years of heartache and against my better judgement (being a sceptic) I decided to give in, take the plunge and spend what to me was too much money on decent Hi-Fi separates and apart for a few bumps along the have never looked back.
I now have a modest system that I am very happy with the only surviving components from my original purchases being the Cyrus 2 and PSX which are a great combo with my IMF TLS50s.

Anyway that's me ....

Cheers Winston

Audio Al
03-01-2017, 16:59
Only late by one year :eek:.....:D

Hello and welcome ;)

struth
03-01-2017, 17:06
Hi Winston. Glad youve said ello. One of our mods has a set of those speaker i think. Transmission lines? Anyway, enjoy forum mate

jollyfix
03-01-2017, 19:42
Hi Winston, welcome to AOS. I bought a Cyrus 2 and PSX in Cardiff many years ago. There used to be a second hand HIFI and Pro audio shop Just at the start of Cowbridge road east ( i lived in Canton at the time, just moved from Splott ). Enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
03-01-2017, 21:20
Hello Winston. Welcome to AOS from me too.