PDA

View Full Version : RDC Cones or keep Isonoe feet

Dubster68
02-01-2017, 12:39
Has anyone had experience of the RDC cones ? Do you use them on their own or with cone cups ? Also which ones are best for a technics 1210. I know they are M6 bolts but not sure which cones I would need as there are so many .

I have Isonoe feet at the moment and been happy with them but wondering if I can get better. A few members say the RDCs are a quality item but wanting to make sure first from people who have used them.
Also possibly planning selling the Isonone to fund the change:D

Any help greatly appreciated:D

ianlenco
02-01-2017, 13:59
I've used RDC cones under Lenco turntables but no experience of the 1210. Can't remember which ones but they were biggish used without cups. I once had a set with bolts but thought the bolts rather defeated the object - getting good contact between the appliance and the cones makes more sense in absorbing vibrations in the appliance. That of course means you need a level platform if you can't level with the cones. I've always thought they had a positive effect on turntablse and other equipment but with price rises value doesn't look that good any more. Couldn't say whether they are better or worse than your current feet.

AlfaGTV
03-01-2017, 09:37
I have RDC cones on my SL-1210. I chose them in a direct comparison with Funk Firm's Bo!ng feet and the original Techie feet.
I actually did recordings which were made available both on this fora and on some swedish ones.
The original feet and the RDC cones were preferred over the spring loaded Bo!ng every time. I personally preferred the RDCs, while others liked the original and the RDCs about evenly.

Though this doesn't say anying about the Isonoes i can say that i would personally never select sprung feet in in any shape for the Techy. I like it stiff! ;) (For practical reasons mainly..)

Dubster68
03-01-2017, 14:17
Thanks for the advice everyone. I just need to find out which ones I need as there are 2 sizes and costs are ridiculous for what they actually are.

Mikeandvan
04-01-2017, 00:25
Thanks for the advice everyone. I just need to find out which ones I need as there are 2 sizes and costs are ridiculous for what they actually are.
If the cost is ridiculous then don't bother, as the guy said above, even stock feet sound good. I mean they certainly seem to be built to a good spec. Nicely damped, with felt pads aswell. I'm currently trying out cheapo 'Foculpods', nothing to report as yet, did you find the Isonoes made any difference ?

Stratmangler
04-01-2017, 01:11
I have Isonoes and Isoboots on mine, and prefer them to stock feet, and the Boings.
The deck doesn't bounce around too much with the Isonoes either.

danilo
04-01-2017, 03:19
If the cost is ridiculous then don't bother, as the guy said above, even stock feet sound good. I mean they certainly seem to be built to a good spec. Nicely damped, with felt pads aswell. I'm currently trying out cheapo 'Foculpods', nothing to report as yet, did you find the Isonoes made any difference ?

:-) One of the few parts from my Unloved sl1200 that I disassembled for bits, that I've actually repurposed to advantage

MikeMusic
04-01-2017, 12:55
RDC cones for definite

Outperformed Isonoes and Techniboots.

Mine are RDC2 and I found they performed best *without* the bases.
Sitting on an Electric Beach S1NX platform

Stratmangler
04-01-2017, 13:48
RDC cones for definite

Outperformed Isonoes and Techniboots.

Mine are RDC2 and I found they performed best *without* the bases.
Sitting on an Electric Beach S1NX platform

What's the SINX sat on?

MikeMusic
06-01-2017, 17:12
What's the SINX sat on?

Sorbothane on a Creaktiv rack
Not overkill at all
:)

Dubster68
06-01-2017, 17:41
Not overkill at all

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol:

MikeMusic
07-01-2017, 15:42
Yes I sometimes wonder at it all.

Sounds wunnerful tho

Stratmangler
16-01-2017, 17:23
Not overkill at all

Possibly not - those racks are not the best for isolation.
A friend has one, and he's had to bugger around to kill the various resonances.

MikeMusic
17-01-2017, 16:28
Possibly not - those racks are not the best for isolation.
A friend has one, and he's had to bugger around to kill the various resonances.

The Creaktiv was very good, a nice step up from Mana and I assumed the other supports would not change it.
What resonances ?

Stratmangler
17-01-2017, 17:01
The one I've seen was very lively, to the point of making itself audible underneath the music.
Was is the key word - it's not lively now, but it's taken a lot of buggering about to make it that way.

Gazjam
17-01-2017, 17:02
RDC cones under my valve amp sitting atop Soundampedsteel plates here.
Best isolation I found for plonking kit on my Stands Unique glass rack.

Though weirdly, the best I found for my digital source was 3 feet off an old Rega turntable, go figure!

MikeMusic
18-01-2017, 15:17
The one I've seen was very lively, to the point of making itself audible underneath the music.
Was is the key word - it's not lively now, but it's taken a lot of buggering about to make it that way.

I found the demo one I had from Tony better than Mana right away. Then I think it became better, perhaps due to the sand or particles of unobtainium settling.
I now have 2 Creaktiv racks and they are staying