PDA

View Full Version : Hello in 2017

Porellithecat
02-01-2017, 10:34
Hi all,
2017 should see the completion of the major referb of our house, so I'm guessing I'm going to be pestering everyone on here for advice concerning how to get it to work sonically.

Eclectic musical tastes, think more Radio Paradise than Planet Rock, with some jazz and classical thrown in.

Basically there won't be much of my old system suitable for use in the new setup due to relatively small rooms which are square with 4 meters along each wall and 2.7meter ceilings. So, it'll be a streamer/DAC based system, initially using a Squeezebox into MDAC, into a couple of old NVA 40w monoblocks with some speakers living hard up to a solid wall. On temporary duty will be Rega Kytes, but I'm thinking of something better, probably sealed box, or Larsen esq. amps will need updating as will DAC.

Probably prefer euphony rather than clinical in terms of tonality, and being a bass player, need to be able to follow the bass lines!

Based in the tribal lands to the west of Cumbria, with sod all broadband (satellite), no radio reception to speak of, and no mobile signal, we're nowhere near any interesting HiFi retailers, Preston probably being the closest.

In 2017, I'm eagerly awaiting new and good sounds for the first time in 3years.

Ian

Macca
02-01-2017, 12:11
Hi Ian welcome to AoS.

One thing about the Rega Kyte is you won't have any room problems because there is no bass at all on those things. I sorted a system for a neighbour who has square room similar size to yours, got him some Ruark Templars which work fine in there. Not bass monsters but you can follow the bass line all the way down. He is a bass player too so fussy about that sort of thing.

struth
02-01-2017, 12:16
Welcome to AoS Ian. Hope you enjoy your new living arrangements, and sure you'll get some decent sounds there.its not that small at 4m sq. mine isnt that much bigger. If stuck, sure plenty on here will have been there b4.

Spectral Morn
02-01-2017, 12:46
Welcome to AoS

walpurgis
03-01-2017, 21:17
Hello Ian. Welcome to AOS from me too.