PDA

View Full Version : DAB reception

johnB
29-12-2016, 09:58
Not very Hi-Fi, but the new DAB radio bought for bathroom duty doesn't receive any stations.
Any easy fixes (paper clips and wire extending the fixed wire aerial?) or do I need to stick a aerial in the loft.

Many thanks

Macca
29-12-2016, 12:23
Are you sure that it works?

I suppose it is possible that there is no DAB reception where you are, IIRC some parts of Leicestershire haven't changed much since the War Of The Roses (the actual war, not the film with Michael Douglas).

rigger67
29-12-2016, 14:09
Re-scan, then if it still doesn't work take it to a friend's house and try it there or borrow another DAB from someone to try at your place.

hard1175
29-12-2016, 15:12
Thats funny
I loose reception on my Dab radio that I bought for the bathroom.
Could this be some kind of Bermuda Triangle for Dab radios in a bathroom.

johnB
29-12-2016, 15:51
Are you sure that it works?

I suppose it is possible that there is no DAB reception where you are, IIRC some parts of Leicestershire haven't changed much since the War Of The Roses (the actual war, not the film with Michael Douglas).

Thanks Martin. I'm in the East Midlands, we have electricity over here now . ��

johnB
29-12-2016, 15:53
Thanks Martin. I'm in the East Midlands, we have electricity over here now . ��

Re-scan, then if it still doesn't work take it to a friend's house and try it there or borrow another DAB from someone to try at your place.
Thanks Paul. I'm concerned that my friends will be inconvenienced if I go to their house with my radio every time I want to use the bathroom.

johnB
29-12-2016, 15:57
Thats funny
I loose reception on my Dab radio that I bought for the bathroom.
Could this be some kind of Bermuda Triangle for Dab radios in a bathroom.

I knew there'd be a logical answer - space time vortex perhaps?

walpurgis
29-12-2016, 16:07
I knew there'd be a logical answer - space time vortex perhaps?

Somebody typed in an error whilst progamming the continuum.

mikmas
29-12-2016, 16:47
Our DAB reception varies a lot from room to room (typical 50s semi)

Best reception: on top of kitchen cupboard
Worst reception: front bedroom
In both situations the telescopic aerial was at full extension.

I have a DAB tuner in the front downstairs room - only worked properly when I had a roof aerial installed ....

rigger67
29-12-2016, 18:40
I bought my sister a Pure DAB portable - the white one with the brown trim - and took it to her for Xmas one year.
She lives in Jo'burg.

There's no digital radio at all in Africa .. :doh:

Spectral Morn
29-12-2016, 20:24
Here's a thought..... FM, sounds better too :sofa:

DAB is fussy re reception conditions, aerial etc, just like digital TV, its not that robust and needs very good conditions to work glitch free.

johnB
29-12-2016, 21:52
Here's a thought..... FM, sounds better too :sofa:

DAB is fussy re reception conditions, aerial etc, just like digital TV, its not that robust and needs very good conditions to work glitch free.

I agree in principle Neil but in order to keep harmony in the household we need to be able to switch between Radio 4, Radio 6 and Radio 5 (occasionally TalkSport)...
Cheers
John