PDA

View Full Version : Now George Michael RIP!

Arkless Electronics
25-12-2016, 23:03
Bloody hell! I wasn't a major fan or anything but RIP.... What a year:(

anubisgrau
25-12-2016, 23:06
http://en.mediamass.net/people/george-michael/deathhoax.html

RIP georgie

southall-1998
25-12-2016, 23:08
RIP- Great singer!

S.

Arkless Electronics
25-12-2016, 23:24
http://en.mediamass.net/people/george-michael/deathhoax.html

RIP georgie

No it's not a hoax. Unless the BBC, his publicist and Thames Valley Police are in on the hoax......

RobbieGong
25-12-2016, 23:29
My gosh !! and only 53. He struck me as a bit of a tortured soul.
This is very sad indeed.

RichB
25-12-2016, 23:37
Not really a fan but I'll readily admit to using 'careless whisper' as an audition track for kit in the past.

I love that track.

Arkless Electronics
25-12-2016, 23:37
If I were a Bob Dylan, Elton John, Paul McCartney etc I'd be locking myself in a sealed room with armed guards outside the door and someone tasting all my food until Jan 1st.....

Spectral Morn
26-12-2016, 00:12
Not a fan of Wham, but his later solo material is very nice.

Cowboys and Angels is simply stunning.

Very sad and shocked :(

Condolences to his family, friends and fans. A loss to music.

Audio Al
26-12-2016, 02:57
I think George Michale had a fantastic voice , His vocal ability was outstanding it can be heard on this duet with Elton John again staggering vocals , I rated him very highly

Drug demons I suspect , Sad very sad :(

I will play some of your albums today George and thanks for the joy you brought me listing to your ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t-AVCTn8JA

British high fidelity
26-12-2016, 05:20
Very very sad he was an amazing talented singer, and a big part of my youth growing up, great memories R.I.P George

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Anthony K
26-12-2016, 07:18
This was e terrible year all round the sooner it's out the better

Scooby
26-12-2016, 07:23
Still almost a week left. I wonder if it will claim someone else before its done.

Natara
26-12-2016, 08:13
Sad news as a great British singer song writer passes away aged only 53. It's easy to forget amongst the tabloid headlines the brave stance he took against the war in Iraq, I went with my Mrs to see him in concert 8 years ago and came away hugely impressed what a voice live.

r100
26-12-2016, 08:27
December Song (I Dreamed Of Christmas)"

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
May your every New Year dream come true

Sweet December song
The melody that saved me
On those less than silent nights
When snow would fall upon my bed
White sugar from Jesus
And take me to the day
She could always smile
The Virgin Child would always show, you see
Just to save me
(Just to save me)

There was always Christmas time
To wipe the year away
I guess that morning theyd decided
That the war would have to wait

Jesus came to stay
I could believe in peace on Earth
And I could watch TV all day
So I dreamed of Christmas

Maybe since youve gone
I went a little crazy
God knows they can see (the child)
But the snow that falls upon my bed
That loving I needed
Falls every single day
For each and every child
The Virgin smiles for all to see
But you kept her from me

To wipe the year away
I guess that morning theyd decided
That the war would have to wait

Jesus came to stay
I could believe in peace on Earth
And I could watch TV all day
And so I dreamed of Christmas
Yes, I dreamed like you

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
May your every New Year dream come true

Haselsh1
26-12-2016, 08:42
The spirit world is certainly reaping its harvest this year. The man with the scythe is only just around the corner.

anthonyTD
26-12-2016, 09:39
Well, I was making breakfast around 5-00 am this morning for my Daughter, and it came on the BBC news, cant believe this :(
Great, singer song writer, and yes, a tormented Soul in many ways,[so many talented folk are] but as an artist, exceptional!
He will undoubtably be missed by many, me included...:(
RIP George.

Andy831
26-12-2016, 10:45
Very talented vocalist and a great loss to the pop world, his music never floated my boat much but nevertheless he will be missed.

RIP George

Marco
26-12-2016, 10:51
Very sad news indeed... Along with Michael Jackson and Prince, that's now three of my teenage idols gone. Only Madonna is left! :(

George was blessed with a truly wonderful voice, highlighted at its best (IMO) when he was asked by Queen to perform with them and take the role of Freddie Mercury - a quite incredible singer himself and a virtually impossible act to follow.

George Michael's performances there, however, were exceptional, and for me rubber-stamped just how a talented an artist he was, although I personally preferred him doing some of the ballads he's famous for. I don't think he was ever comfortable in the limelight though, and struggled to handle that side of being a pop star, along with the aftermath of coming out as being gay. I never felt he was the same after that.

Anyway, a troubled soul, no doubt, just as many of his creative ilk are, and so the music world is poorer without him. As a small tribute, here are two of my favourite performances from him singing favourite songs of mine live, If I Can't Make You Love Me and A Different Corner:

QbWJO8RMg1A VfPSNKb0Ahc

Simply so touching and beautiful... RIP George. You'll be greatly missed, but your wonderful songs will live on forever.

Marco.

Paul-H
26-12-2016, 11:08
The curse of 2016 strikes again

Bet the famous are praying for this year to end

anthonyTD
26-12-2016, 11:12
Indeed, To be forgiven off his " Older" Album is probably one of his most rememberable for me, which I fell said a lot about him, and his life personaly.
Very sad news indeed... Along with Michael Jackson and Prince, that's now three of my teenage idols gone. Only Madonna is left! :(

George was blessed with a truly wonderful voice, highlighted at its best (IMO) when he was asked by Queen to perform with them and take the role of Freddie Mercury - a quite incredible singer himself and a virtually impossible act to follow.

George Michael's performances there, however, were exceptional, and for me rubber-stamped just how a talented an artist he was, although I personally preferred him doing some of the ballads he's famous for. I don't think he was ever comfortable in the limelight though, and struggled to handle that side of being a pop star, along with the aftermath of coming out as being gay. I never felt he was the same after that.

Anyway, a troubled soul, no doubt, just as many of his creative ilk are, and so the music world is poorer without him. As a small tribute, here are two of my favourite performances from him singing favourite songs of mine live, If I Can't Make You Love Me and A Different Corner:

QbWJO8RMg1A VfPSNKb0Ahc

Simply so touching and beautiful... RIP George. You'll be greatly missed, but your wonderful songs will live on forever.

Marco.

struth
26-12-2016, 11:19
Wifey like his stuff and him. Some of the stuff on his solo albums was pretty good in comparison to the boyband days. Sure she wouldve been there to greet him is she could.
Its been a very bad year for musicians, and to extent celebs and actors too. I guess all folk we grew up with are getting to that dangerous age now, and many lived life at 150 miles an hr.

vinyljunky
26-12-2016, 11:30
Not really a fan but agree with Marco a different corner was a very touching song bet yer many a person has cried listening to this song and not admitted to it rip George

Macca
26-12-2016, 11:31
Not really a fan but I'll readily admit to using 'careless whisper' as an audition track for kit in the past.

I love that track.

I agree, great song and a great singer. Seems like the greater the artistic talent the more problems they have coping with life. Having piles of money doesn't seem to help at all.

The Black Adder
26-12-2016, 12:47
Not a fan but a person with talent all the same.

RIP George

Rick Parfitt also died the other day too... a great character and I will miss him. The Quo are great!

RIP Rick

Marco
26-12-2016, 16:16
George doing the biz with Queen, live from Wembley in 1992:

mSKhIyQ5PpY

Awesome! :)

Marco.