PDA

View Full Version : Rogue 1

wee tee cee
22-12-2016, 15:23
Went yesterday...still a bit undecided. The CGI Peter Cushing was weird as fuck. The score was not great and the wee lassie with the teeth too big for her head was wooden.

Not wanting to spoil anything but Darth vader was the star of the show....well worth the admission price just for his bits!!!

Yomanze
22-12-2016, 15:33
I enjoyed my nachos with cheese, salsa and jalapeņo. ;)

wee tee cee
22-12-2016, 15:59
Penny for you thoughts Neil...

rigger67
22-12-2016, 16:08
I really liked it.

A lot.

I thought the reboot last year was a let-down, especially for those of us old enough to have grown up watching the original trilogy.
It just felt like it was exactly the same story to me, but with far less wit and style.

I wasn't expecting much this time round, but I thought the way the plot unfolded was well paced, the design of .. well, everything really was spot on - especially K2 - and I really enjoyed the touches of humour. There weren't that many but again I quite liked that as it fitted with the more "mature" interpretation of the SW universe, I thought.

Overall, I thought it was a solid 8/10 and easily the third best movie in the entire series (after Empire and the original).

My last thought : that final scene alone made it worth the ticket price. I felt the same way I did after watching Prometheus (which I loved) as it dovetailed flawlessly with the rest of the canon.

Macca
22-12-2016, 16:29
I'm planning to go between Xmas and New Year. I went last year to see ep 7, that wasn't the worst thing ever but at best it was a mixed bag. Rogue 1 sounds like it is a lot better. Even Mark Kermode thought it was good and he usually only likes those foreign films were it is just people talking in rooms for 2 hours.

wee tee cee
22-12-2016, 16:58
The Mark Kermode review got me in the door-Simon Mayo's comment about too many planets resonated with me!!!

Looked like Iceland got quite a bit of business for the location shoots-visually it was pretty fantastic.

Thought the blind chap was a great character with his mate- a bit great escape with blind Colin...Majik!!!!

Gazjam
22-12-2016, 18:33
Seeing it tommorow, looking forward to it.

Thought The Force Awakens was a bit...meh, bad case of Deja Vu all through it.
Was "ok" but nothing more.

2 Things got me in the door for Rogue One:
: Gareth Edwards the Director (Monsters, Godzilla...both visually brilliant, the guy really knows how to shoot a movie)

: Kevin Smith (American filmaker and probably top 5 biggest Star Wars nuts on the planet) says it's, "Empire good".

rigger67
23-12-2016, 09:53
Thought the blind chap was a great character with his mate- a bit great escape with blind Colin...Majik!!!!

Good call that, mate :clap: