PDA

View Full Version : Philips FA 960 Amplifier

dantheman91
21-12-2016, 17:29
Hello Guys

For sale a very high end Philips amplifier from the 80's "Marantz Built" freshly serviced and in good working order but with a fault still on speaker selector A from cold their is no left channel so to bypass i switch the balance over to the left and wiggle the volume if the switch is left alone it will be fine im sure this has affected the price as stated. This Amplifier is very heavy too it has MM/MC phono stage plus 6 other inputs to choose from from CD direct 2 tape In&out . Excellent condition selling due to no longer needing priced to sell @ a loss £50 with demo welcome and collection only from bournemouth.

The fault noted so selling as Working / Spares or repair

Any questions please PM me...

Puffin
21-12-2016, 19:08
Dan, when you say it was serviced, what was done to it and by whom. Is the channel loss due to a dodgy volume pot?

dantheman91
21-12-2016, 19:52
Dan, when you say it was serviced, what was done to it and by whom. Is the channel loss due to a dodgy volume pot?

Hi Rob

it was serviced by a private guy who works part time in repair but also a collector of HI-FI...I dont think the volume pot is faulty im no expert could be a possibility its cost me £30 for the service he cleaned all the pots ETC.

dantheman91
22-12-2016, 18:39
Sold......