PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha NS-1000m diyer

cpwfx
20-12-2016, 11:42
Hello from Helsinki,

I've been able to acquire a pair of the Genelec activated version (S45YA) and another pair with the original crossovers. The plan is to update the look as well to something a bit more modern, basically remove the controls from the front baffle and veneer on top.
Something like the Trenner & Friedl Ra comes to mind as far as looks go, so mix that with the NS-1000m and let's see what comes out.
http://www.trenner-friedl.com/index.php?menu=product&sprache=en&second=ra

So far I've changed the caps (electrolytic) in the passive crossover and switched to more modern speaker connectors, I'm also planning on changing the power caps in the S45YA and clean the contacts etc.

Happy to be here,
Wille
Helsinki

Barry
20-12-2016, 22:26
Welcome to AoS Wille,

You are indeed fortunate in possessing a pair of Genelec active Yamaha NS1000. What does the rest of your system comprise, and what are your tastes in music?

I visited Finland a few years ago - beautiful country with very friendly and helpful people. Loved Helsinki. :)

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

walpurgis
21-12-2016, 00:06
Hi Wille. Welcome to AOS.

This is the Welcome area, so please tell us more about yourself, like what music you like and about the rest of the equipment you use.

You may find it useful to start a thread in the Blank Canvas section with your questions.

Take a look around the site, you'll find plenty to interest you.

Please join in with the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Macca
21-12-2016, 08:50
Hi Willie

Welcome from me.